Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

how do you cope with sleep problems affecting everyone?

OnEdge · 09/02/2011 04:53

I have DD3, DS18m and DD5m.

DS is having sleep problems, I am tackling it with controlled crying but my DD3 who shares the room is waking up with all the commotion. I am getting up and down throughout the night and now the baby is awake.
it is like a domino effect.

Any tips ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

juuule · 09/02/2011 07:19

We didn't do cc.
I would get up for an hour or 2 with the 'wakey' baby or toddler. When baby/toddler had settled we'd both go back to bed. Just tried to minimise impact of babies/toddler on the other children who needed their sleep and also avoids the "domino effect" (most times).
They grow out of it.

Please
or

verybusyspider · 09/02/2011 07:31

we have our 3 ds's in the same room (4, 3, 18mo) and they get disturbed by each other if one isn't settling (ds3 at the moment - must be an age thing!?) or one is ill. We have a 3 bed house so have in the past, brought them in with us or set up ill child in spare room if its really causing a problem, once they were all in the same room we found that cc didn't work for us because of the domino affect that you describe

Please
or

skydance · 16/03/2011 21:54

I have 3 all in the same room, we don't do CC, as you say you just end up waking them all up.

I tend to take the noisy one downstairs or into our bed, I'd rather deal with the one child that's awake than deal with all of them at 3am.

Also DS1(7) has to get up for school, so I really don't like him to be disturbed.

Please
or

verybusyspider · 17/03/2011 19:19

how are you getting on onedge? any more sleep?

Please
or

Rilith · 18/03/2011 14:46

we did rapid return and camp outside the bedroom door for reassurance to which ever one was awake.
We did have the 3 youngest in one room until recently and yes to start with one would wake up the others would too, but after a bit the others got used to it and slept through the majority of it.

It gradually got better and better as time went on but I would say for 18 months we didnt get a full nights sleep.

we never took the noisy one out of the way, there was no way I was going to start that game and they were only allowed in bed with us after 5am (we get up at 6 so it was only for an hour)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.