Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

News

Muslim Protest

5 replies

SueBaroo · 07/07/2007 12:21

I mentioned in a thread the other day that I would really like to see a big muslim march saying 'terrorism - not in my name'.

I thought it only fair to highlight that just that is happening today in Scotland, especially as it's probably going to be over-looked because of all the live-earth coverage. A very big good-on-them.

OP posts:
SpeccieSeccie · 07/07/2007 12:28

Thanks for the link. Agree with the big good-on-them.

DaddyJ · 08/07/2007 22:24

Certainly worth bumping.

I found this related comment interesting, too.

PussinJimmyChoos · 08/07/2007 22:39

I found this part a bit annoying though:

"They should, in their own best interests, stop protesting against writers and artists they disagree with and let them be"

I'm an English convert from a white, English family....why shouldn't I be able to protest about writers and artists I disagree with? Black people protest against racisim, the portrayal of black people as drug dealers etc in the media or any literature that is deemed to be racist - why shouldn't I?? Why is it in my best interests to not protest if I want too...

Makes me laugh really, we talk about freedom of speech and an open society.....I don't think we have that in reality!

DaddyJ · 09/07/2007 08:54

Good point.

I presume what she meant was:
'do not make death threats against artists
and writers who you disagree with'

PussinJimmyChoos · 09/07/2007 21:03

Ahh....well of course, the death threats are a total no no - totally wrong and give other Muslims such a bad name! I was thinking more along the lines of protest in general....

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.