Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

News

Odd Madeleine McCann email

12 replies

edam · 07/06/2007 10:23

Got a bizarre email about Madeleine that apparently came orginally from her uncle. Chain email, 'forward to everyone you know', with a picture of her.

Not sure if it's genuine or a hoax but also even if it were genuine, not sure how it helps - I'm sure everyone in my contacts book has seen her picture by now.

I'm inclined to delete but can anyone suggest a good reason why I should pass it on?

OP posts:
nappyaddict · 07/06/2007 10:24

the only reason i can think of is people you pass it on to may know people in countries where it has been less publicised?

HenriettaHippo · 07/06/2007 10:28

I have had these emails too, and wasn't sure either. Sky News were giving access to a pdf of Madeleine that you could download and forward to people. I felt much more comfortable with that. I sent it to everyone in my contact box who didn't live in the UK. Interestingly, a couple of friends in the USA said that they hadn't even heard of the case, and that it wasn't being covered on their news.

musicianswidowAKAmumofmonsters · 07/06/2007 10:30

i had one of those as well, i didn't pass it on, everyone in my contacts list lives in UK so they would have seen her picture by now anyway

LIZS · 07/06/2007 10:38

been going round for weeks - not sure it is authenticate tbh so delete

edam · 07/06/2007 11:06

Thanks - you've confirmed that what I wanted to do was OK. So will delete.

OP posts:
wannaBe · 07/06/2007 11:08

wouldn't forward it on as tbh even if it's real think it's highly unlikely Madeleine looks like that any more so imo poster is now pointless.

nappyaddict · 07/06/2007 11:42

why is it unlikely she will look like that? she wouldn't have changed that much in 4 weeks would she?

BrothelSprouts · 07/06/2007 11:44

her abductors may have dyed her hair etc.

nappyaddict · 07/06/2007 11:45

but even if she had different hair all her features will still be the same.

NKF · 07/06/2007 11:48

The oddest thing about that email is that the Phil in Madeleine's family is actually a woman - an Aunt Philomena. I've been assuming that the email is spam in some way though I can't think what anyone would gain from it.

DragonFaerie · 07/06/2007 11:50

I had one of these but I didn't forward it as I noticed her name was actually spelt incorrectly in it. Very strange.

MsHighwater · 09/06/2007 17:36

I'm fairly sure that Madeleine's aunt Phil did start an email with a picture attached although clearly it could have been changed by someone else on its travels.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.