My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Friday Fly - heading into the weekend once more

67 replies

intravenouscoffee · 07/03/2008 07:09

mission

Morning all. Early start again for me, DD woke up at 6.20 because of an annoying cough.
Washing underway but that's about it, think it'll be a lazy day today

OP posts:
BiancaCastafiore · 07/03/2008 14:05

lol dame I think I was quite a quiet child so am suprised to even be remembered Would love to know more - what he's up to, where you've settled, where his bro/parents are etc so may contact you when I can CAT again, would that be OK? Feel free to say no

Must go back to work now or I won't be back in time for school pick-up.
Going to friends straight from school so not back till later.
Have a good afternoon everyone

damewashalot · 07/03/2008 15:01

Bianca you could always email me at dame wash alot @ yahoo dot com without spaces, if you like

TheMadHouse · 07/03/2008 15:06

Oh just had a massive scare. DS1 fell all the way down the stairs, tubbling for added effect. God I was beside myself. He seems fine, apart from his forehead hurts a little, but he told me it would be OK if hew could have a lollypop

Grouchyoscar · 07/03/2008 16:06

TMH Ed fell down the stairs on Wednesday morning...well not fell so much as...well, lept really {shock] He was going downstairs, saw the bed sheet hanging over the bannister rail at the top of the stairs and thought 'I'll be Indiana Jones with that!' , leaps to grab hold of it, and...the sheet comes down from the bannister and Ed comes down with a clatter

Huge egg on his head, lots of tears, emergency rush for Dr Teddy and it was like it never happened 10 minutes later.

Anyway...I've
Cleaned out the oven
Cleaned the hob and door of oven
Mopped kitchen
Refilled the greedy spuggys' bird feeder (we will have North Kirklees' chubbiest wild birds at this rate)
Collected Ed
Changed his clothes

Hope DS1 is OK now TMH

RubyRioja · 07/03/2008 16:21

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

damewashalot · 07/03/2008 16:22

ds2 fell down the stair when he was smaller and was fine, children bounce sure he'll be ok.

Grouchyoscar · 07/03/2008 16:36

1st time Ed went down the stairs assisted by gravity only he was about 12 mths old. I heard a BIG Bumppty Bumppty bump bump and when I peered down the steps he was sat at the bottom rubbing his head

No tears, no nothing just a new experience to chalk off his list really.

Since then we've had a tooth knocked out, an ear drum perforated (by himself!) Run over by an uninsured driver and a tooth extracted by the dentist. He's not 5 and I'm sure SS will be round in due course

damewashalot · 07/03/2008 16:39

Bianca sorry pg brain .co.uk not com

TheMadHouse · 07/03/2008 17:06

Thanks for the lovley messages of support and FLY solidarity.

He is fine, just a bit of a headache. We are having fish with home made chips and mushy peas for dinner - his choice

DH should even be home in time (just rang to say he is 10 mins out), so I am holfing it back a little bit.

I have managed to pop out and buy some wrapping paper (only had boyish) and conditioner.

Also cleaned the inside of the fridge due to a spilage

Ruby I know what you mean regarding Friday. I love the weekend, when I have DH as backup!!!

damewashalot · 07/03/2008 17:17

Thanks ruby but I don't really think elegant is the word for me I think dh's photography needs some credit there!

TheMadHouse · 07/03/2008 20:05

Evening All

I have managed to get the ironing done
WM on
DW on
Clothes out for tomorrow
Could do with a sweep downstairs and thats about it.

We have a birthday party tomorrow and are now unsure about what we are doing Sunday due to the massive winds that are forcast

Catch everyone over the weekend

Tort Thanks it arrived oh and how is Micky?

tortoise · 07/03/2008 20:59

Evening all.
Am very tired again. have done loads of walking again!
Got the last of DS1's clothes ready for school camp.

But my new WM (got in end Nov) has gone wrong. And they can't come out and look at it until WEDNESDAY!!! I need to wash clothes for DS1 to take on camp.

Luckily a neighbour has told me to drop a load round tomorrow for her to wash.

House is pretty messy and i am feeling quite down about it again. i will try and get something done tomorrow although it would benoce to spend one Saturday doing things with the DD's instead of cleaning!

TMH Glad it arrived. mickey is ok. His paw is still hurting him and he is limping badly again. Vets said to give it a week and see how he goes.

babyjjbaby · 07/03/2008 21:12

hello everyone haven't done any cleaning today must clean up tomorrow i will try honest
i did go into to town today so that took up most of the day and i have got a new washing basket which looks nice cos u can't see the washing and a basket for the shelf in the bathroom so the bathrom is now tidier than what it was at least u have all done more than me

tortoise · 07/03/2008 21:15

babyjj Doubt i have done anymore than you. i did manage to wash up tonight! Kitchen was looking awful and i couldn't find a clean glass.

milkgoddess · 07/03/2008 21:18

what the hecks a friday fly? im new to this section btw, im loving it ive found out that everyone washes sheets much more frequently than we do lol,and that you can get special bags.
any thing else i should know as a newbie?

babyjjbaby · 07/03/2008 21:18

i haven't done anything honest me ma has wahse dup and done dinner tho i am planning to do it all nice tomorrow thats the plan anyway

DontDreamItBeIt · 08/03/2008 08:26

Weekend

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.