My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Best washer dryer recommendations please.

6 replies

Lizbiz89 · 25/12/2022 14:22

My washer dryer has packed up. Can anyone recommend a really good washer dryer that actually is good at drying please.

----
This thread is quite old now so some of the suggestions may be out of date, but if you’ve landed here looking for washer dryer recommendations, we’ve recently updated our best washer dryer page with lots of great options, as tried and tested by Mumsnet users. We hope you find it useful.
Flowers
MNHQ

OP posts:
Yumchips · 25/12/2022 14:23

Bosch is really good in my experience

BuffaloCauliflower · 25/12/2022 14:25

We have a Haier one, bought last year. No complaints, big drum and good drying capability. It weighs the washing and washes/dries accordingly. Previous one was Hoover and the drying element did die over time.

Puppylucky · 25/12/2022 14:28

Ooh I know this one! After a horrible experience with a Candy I swapped for the Sharp ES and it's great. Looks really cool and dries stuff well. Very happy

Roselilly36 · 25/12/2022 14:37

Bosch Serie6 Wash & Dry 10/6kg excellent machine, it is deeper than a standard washing machine though, so check the measurements esp the depth. I didn’t 😂 had to swap over with the dishwasher!

Roselilly36 · 25/12/2022 14:37

Also has a light in the machine, which I find useful.

ouch321 · 25/12/2022 14:49

People here are unlikely to have multiple machines that they can compare.

You're best off looking at online reviews by organisations that test products out. Which? is the obvious one. Also read reviews on Ao.com and Currys.

I replaced my machine earlier this year as previous one started leaking. I just went for the cheapest one available as cash strapped and it does me fine. Really depends if you want something simple or whether you're happy to pay to have a machine that you can control using an app, is almost silent, has ten extra cycles, plays the National Anthem when the load finishes and comes in forest green etc etc. Miele and Bosch are said to be the most long term reliable but mu last machine was Indesit and did 10 years. The guy who installed my new machine said most people now only get 5 years per machine.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.