My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Jingle bells - my house smells - not with FLY Lady - Tuesday FLY

57 replies

TheMincePiedMadHouse · 18/12/2007 09:00

Morning all

www.flylady.com/pages/FlightPlan_Missions.asp

OP posts:
TheMincePiedMadHouse · 18/12/2007 09:05

Good morning - hope all our poorly little ones are getting lots of attention in the fly hospital today and thay everyone is getting ready for Christmas

Ruby I think a christmas countdown is in order with a daily mission

Today

I have done morning stuff and have toddler paygroup christmas party to go to. I have done sausages for all and made fudge with DS2 for the leaders as a thankyou.

I also wrapped all the boys pressies last night - yippee

To Do

Post last pressie
Return to Marks and Spencer
Ironing
Make Dinner (lunch sorted)
HR are coming to see me tonight regarding returning to work after my PND - I am so anxious. Doctors report states I need more recovery time, so we will see what they say.

Oh and another cousin got her results - she is negative

OP posts:
BiancaCastafiore · 18/12/2007 09:25

Morning TMH Thanks for the thread, at the title!
Great news about your cousin . I hope your meeting with HR goes well today x

I have a suprise day off work. Rang in this morning and was told I'm not needed so I'm very pleased to have some time to deal with jobs around the house. I'm going to do a room by room list to tackle today and on Thursday which is my next day at home.

So, my jobs are~
BEDROOM
~tidy
~hang up clothes
~dust
~hoover
KIDS BEDROOMS
~tidy and cull toys
~dust
~hoover
Bathroom
~clean
~mission
LANDING
~tidy
~hoover
~sort washing
OFFICE/SPARE ROOM
~tidy
~sort presents for friends into bags
~wrap kids presents
~hoover
~sort couple of hotspots
STAIRS
~put away post etc which gathers at the bottom
~hoover
HALL
~put away shoes
~hoover
KITCHEN
~s&s
~hotspots
~sort couple of cupboards
~check ingredients for and cook Xmas cookies for teachers with kids
CLOAKROOM
~s&s
UTILITY
~sort 1 large cupboard
~keep on top of laundry
PLAYROOM
~tidy
LIVING ROOM
~tidy
~hoover

EXTRA
~finish writing cards, post those necessary
~make last couple of presents

Better get started in a minute.
Feeling a bit fed up with my dad at the moment. He told me at the weekend that he thought my children were very badly behaved ("Some of the worst he's seen") and then this morning has phoned to say he doesn't think he'll bother coming to see dd in her Nativity play later this afternoon

Have a good day everyone

EHM · 18/12/2007 09:29

Morning EveryBody

TMH thanks for the thread.Good Luck with the HR visit tonight hope it goes wellLove the title by the way
tort hope dd2 cough is better.
bianca hope you enjoted the drinks last night?
grouchy sorry about interview, you sound very postive about it.good for you

I am very chuffed this morning been up since some unhealthy hour which enable me to complete my morning routine.
along with wiping/dusting surfaces in all 3 bedrooms
Hoovering upstairs
cleaning bathroom from top to bottom
1 load of washing in wm
took out spicy patties from freezer for tea

Still need to post 2 cards
buy milk
collect photos from jessops
await man from Insurance company coming to inspect cause of water ingress through bathroom ceiling fan(anytime between 9-12)
make lunch
make list of items for packing

Off to make a hot drink & put heating on it fffreezing.x.x

EHM · 18/12/2007 09:31

to bianca x post. Ignore your dad, your lo's are fab a credit to you & dh.x.x

JingleyJen · 18/12/2007 09:31

morning

TMH great news about your cousin! Hope you enjoy your playgroup party. Hope your meeting with HR goes well.

Have to
do ironing from all the washing I did yesterday.
Go to see the lady I look after - she too has D&V so will need some extra support today.
Will make mincepies!
Wrap & take in pressies for DS1's teachers
Antibacterial wipe round door handles and stuff
Bathroom man is coming at 1pm to measure up.

Probably lots more that I can't remember.

EHM · 18/12/2007 09:31

to jen x post

JingleyJen · 18/12/2007 09:33

x posts.
Morning EHM bianca hope everyone has a productive day.

BiancaCastafiore · 18/12/2007 09:40

Thanks EHM
Hello Jen

I did go and enjoy drinks last night Felt very pleased to even go - a year ago there's no way I would have gone to any of these parties and esp not on my own so I felt very proud of myself for making such good progress Feeling a bit wiped out today though so need to look after myself a bit. Can't quite shake the close to tears feeling...

PS - Where's Luda? Haven't seen her for a few days....

EHM · 18/12/2007 09:54

Bianca good for you! Hope you are feeling brighter soon. I was thinking the same this morning about luda but wasn't quite sure when was the last time she had posted.

ludaloveschristmas · 18/12/2007 10:14

Hi All ...I am here...just haven't had a chance to post...spent all day yesterday walking everywhere as dh had the car, and I had a doctors appointment, ds was at school, and cried I had hoped the crying and refusing to go was a nursery thing....he is there all day tomorrow!
spent most of the afternoon yesterday cutchying my friends new baby...he is gorgeous!

I will catch up on the thread in a mo xxx

BiancaCastafiore · 18/12/2007 10:18

Yay! Hello Luda
that your ds is tearful at school, hope it soon passes x
at cuddling a new baby!

Jas · 18/12/2007 10:29

Hello everyone

DP is ill in bed, and I've sent dd1 to school (she's still not tha well bu it is he Chrismas party and she was desperate to go), so I'm hoping o get lots done. It is the last day of term tomorrow

I've done the shopping and er, go dressed. I didn't do the mince pies last night as I didn't have enough micemeat, so I'll do them tonight instead.

I need a huge list, but feel I'l be wasting ime wriing it today, so I'm just going to start in the kitchen and work my way through the house. I'll report back hourly I think to keep myself going.

Bianca Glad you enjoyed going out lats night. Ignore your dad. He's forgotten what real children are like.
FIL has a very rosy view of his childen when they were young and ours never quite come up to scratch. I ignore (Helped my the fac tha I know he didn't actully see his youngest children for almost their whole childhood!)

ludaloveschristmas · 18/12/2007 10:41

[whispers....Bianca I have to admit even I felt a teensy bit broody! he is all snuffly and wrinkly, and kept doing that funny straining face they do in their sleep!]

GO bad luck with the interview...keep at it though

Jas I keep meaning to make mince pies too...my friend made some mince pie rolls with puff pastry and they were really yummy...

Bianca I'm sorry to hear of your stress...I am so sorry I wasn't around yesterday to chat to...my MSN is playing up, but I have left a rather garbled message on Facebook for you! Hope you are ok...and I agree with Jas, try and ignore your dad, I have met your DC several times now, and I think they are gorgeous...and have been very well behaved! Kids are Kids aren't they at the end of the day.

Hello to everyone

Right better get off and collect DS, get some coal, go into town to the bank, collect DD1, cook tea......blah blah blah! Its never ending isn't it!

Jas · 18/12/2007 11:16

Never ending...absolutely.

I'm quite as it is good drying day, I remembered to put the w/m on early, and dp has forgotten where he put the back door key so I can't hang he washing out.

Rest of the kichen is clea though.Startingon the sitting room.

Jas · 18/12/2007 12:15

Siting room done.
Shouting at dp done.
Key sill not found.
Dining room next.

BiancaCastafiore · 18/12/2007 12:17

My list is decreasing Have done most of upstairs. Going to have some lunch soon then tackle downstairs before collecting the kids.

OFFICE/SPARE ROOM
~tidy
~sort presents for friends into bags
~wrap kids presents
~hoover
~sort couple of hotspots
HALL
~put away shoes
~hoover
KITCHEN
~s&s
~hotspots
~sort couple of cupboards
~check ingredients for and cook Xmas cookies for teachers with kids
CLOAKROOM
~s&s
UTILITY
~sort 1 large cupboard
~keep on top of laundry
PLAYROOM
~tidy
LIVING ROOM
~tidy
~hoover

EXTRA
~finish writing cards, post those necessary
~make last couple of presents

ATortIsForLifeNotJustChristmas · 18/12/2007 13:41

Afternoon all.
I am freezing as usual!
Haven't managed to achieve much today other than some much needed shopping! Feeling a bit wiped out today. Probably because DD2 was awake at 4.30 coughing for about an hour!

Bianca for you. Mean of your Dad to say that. All DC have bad days and are more likely to test another adult who is looking after them!

I have a LDC in the oven. Going to take it for the adults at Toddlers Xmas party tomorrow.

Just having a cup a soup before going back out in the cold to pick DD1 up. DS's at their Dads tonight. I think i will tell him he can have xmas eve and part of xmas day if he wants. It will make Xmas day longer though which is a good thing. It won't be all presents ripped open and over by 8am!

ATortIsForLifeNotJustChristmas · 18/12/2007 14:05

DD2 wants to type! She has already posted on another thread when i was icing the LDC!

Here she is..

drftghhy64321eerrtyjkkkkjuujjkkllooikkjuuiikjjjjjjjggttt6544w2qbbbbbbbbvbb b yatyyyyrsdbgrfttyytryyttyytyiuyytgtyytyytyttfddsxdsxfghjjjnvhfvggvcvvvbbbb v v v b bb b b bvbvvvbvvbvbbbb vv v vvvvvvfvvvcvvvvvvfvfvfvfgvgvgvgfffdssswerfgjk,;l'/#'lnnm./##/., b nccxfvghytyhoojdxzxvbhkl;']#

555554555525222222222558896689698656656++6666363

1. ..33.2333.3.

.33.3232225222220201111112111001101114111.xfj/
gibberish · 18/12/2007 15:05
gibberish · 18/12/2007 15:28

Actually, was it one of you lot who sent me the chainmail overload message thing on facebook

I have just emptied the bin. Exhausted now so will have a cuppa before hoovering. Not doing anything is pretty boring really...

ImdreamingofaGROUCHYxmas · 18/12/2007 15:29

Done very little today

Did my morning routines then we went to see the bank manager for an hour. (We are doing fine thankfully] Then we did the Xmas food shopping.

While DH put the shopping away I went Xmas tree hunting with FIL. Got one, home, make lunch for the family then PC/MN time.

To Do

Dust light fittings on staircase
Wrap some pressies
Organise Ed's gifts

I'm shattered TBH, ho-hum

JingleyJen · 18/12/2007 15:31

So have had a busy morning.
DS1 is home from school pooing his pants every time he coughs or sneezes so I guess I am putting another washing load on this afternoon!!

The bathroom man has been and there has been a mix up in communications between him and Dh - I ave him booked in to start 7th Jan (have been waiting since September) He didn't feel we had confirmed that date so may be able to fit us in before EASTER!!!

Anyway - too late now.

Bathrooms cleaned
Kitchen cleaned
Anti bacterial wiped almost everything
Seen old lady (who now also has D&V and it takes her 10 mins to physically get to the loo!)
Took in pressies for the teachers - good job as it looks like DS1 won't be in for the last day of term.

Still to do
mince pies
ironing
hoovering

tort your little ones typing seems to make more sense than my Dh's writing!
gibber & Ludda Hi

gibberish · 18/12/2007 15:36

Hah! Found the culprit!

Hi Jen and grouchy

Please someone give me a boot up the backside. I shouldn't be here.

BiancaCastafiore · 18/12/2007 15:56

Gibberish I do hope it wasn't me!

BiancaCastafiore · 18/12/2007 15:56

Gibberish I do hope it wasn't me!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.