Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Home decoration

What do i need to do with this table?

12 replies

Singlesuzie · 15/06/2014 22:29

The table is being painted white. The lamp was just bought today. it doesnt look right. I think get rid of the little white house but what should i put on it instead? Should i also get rid of the tea light holder?

What do i need to do with this table?
OP posts:
Please
or

AdorableAbbie · 15/06/2014 23:26

The table looks good as it is but if you painted it white, I suggest you put a small vase of flower to perk it up and add accent. You may remove the tea light holder and white house if you want to achieve a minimalist effect (not too crowded up) Wink

Please
or

burnishedsilver · 16/06/2014 16:38

Personally, I think the lamp is too small.

Please
or

OwlCapone · 16/06/2014 16:40

I think the lamp is too short too. Maybe if it was standing on something like a pile of books.

Please
or

Singlesuzie · 16/06/2014 18:09

Thanks all, yes i had thought the lamp was too small aswell but havent found anything bigger that i liked.

OP posts:
Please
or

Mrsgrumble · 28/06/2014 22:44

I would put a rococo mirror on the wall in either silver or cream and a much larger lamp in the centre

Too many fiddly things on the table

Please
or

CookieDoughKid · 28/06/2014 23:58

I would paint the table navy. And put a large silver lamp in the centre. Large mirror on the wall almost as wide as the table. The lamp needs to be silver and the lampshade white.

Please
or

rhubarbcrumbleplease · 29/06/2014 13:26

Paint white, keep the lamp, remove the house & have a vase of pink peonies.

Please
or

Solo · 29/06/2014 13:32

Oooh! I have a table almost exactly the same as that OP, but mine is square (though yours could be square and I'm just not seeing square!), but I bought it about 17 years ago from a charity shop already painted white! I have actually been thinking of stripping it back, but I think it might not be in a good state under the paint and oak needs to look great imho!!

Please
or

Solo · 29/06/2014 13:35

And in answer to your question...Big lamp and photo frame.

Please
or

SingleSuzie · 29/06/2014 13:43

Thanks all or great advice. I'm going to get a different lamp as that one looks piddly small on the table. So i'm gojng for white table, large lamp, maybe silver/grey and nothing else on the table. I dont know if i can hang a mirror as there is a switch on the wall directly abover the table, right where i would need to drill a hole so dont think that is possible.

Yes the table- seems to be quite a lot of these around as i saw a furniture store giving one away as part of a FB competition. My mum also has one. Mine was £5 from the charity shop. It isnt square. Rectangular but only just if that makes sense.

OP posts:
Please
or

STOPwiththehahaheheloling · 29/06/2014 13:44

Ah photo frame! Good idea- that could work with a bigger lamp.

Please
or

Solo · 29/06/2014 14:36

I paid £10 for mine! the shop was closed, so I rang them the next morning and got them to save it for me!! I love it! :)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?