Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travel Agents - spot their little jokes!

5 replies

Kia · 17/07/2001 21:12

My boss has had her holiday to jamaica booked since Jan this year. She also booked extra leg room for her very tall husband as its an 11 hour flight. Last week she was told that a new plane was doing her route and she couldn't have the extra leg room. they did offer that she could pay for an extra seat so she could spread out sideways if you see what I mean. Here's the joke - they couldn't guarantee that the extra seat would be next to hers though! I'm serious, one human being said that to another with no shame or laughter!! Needless to say the holiday has been cancelled.

OP posts:
Please
or

Jbr · 18/07/2001 17:47

ROFL! Although it's not very funny for her though.

Sometimes companies of all descriptions come out with some stupid advice. I was once told by an internet firm that if my internet provider wouldn't connect then I should fill in the complaint form - on the website...

Please
or

Kia · 18/07/2001 20:48

We are currently waiting for an invoice to be able to pay for our holiday in Greece this year (in precisely 27 days to be exact) and we are now clocking up over 4 hours on the phone to the travel company. We don't want to change our plans, we don't want anything special - we just want to pay! If I ever hear 'your call is important to us' again I will do murder!! My boss has booked Cancun, mexico instead, where apparently the planes not only have extra leg room, but if you book a seat together you can actually sit together!!

OP posts:
Please
or

Mel · 08/09/2001 09:20

Delta airlines was awful a few years ago when I had to fly back from Florida with a 5 year old, a 10 month old and my nanny. They wanted to seat us all seperately, despite checking in early! They seriously thought it would be OK to let the 5 year old sit by himself!! It beggars belief doesn't it? I was shattered, and it was only because Lisa, my nanny, is SO good at getting what she wants in a very polite, forceful way that they sat us all together in the end! Needless to say, I wouldn't reccomend Delta to anyone!

Please
or

knakered · 30/10/2002 17:35

We are going to a Wedding in Jamaica next June with 3 under 4yrs...in the Ochios Rios area...any suggwesyions as to where to stay?...places to see and places to eat ..best beaches etc???

Please
or

slug · 31/10/2002 15:08

We tried to book a short break last month. It looked like a good deal, four days and three nights. When the invoice came, we rejected it because it turned out to be only two days. The travel agent was very indignant when I pointed out to him that I didn't count arriving at 11.30pm or flying out at 10am as whole days. Honestly! If his employees swanned out of work at 10am and insisted on being paid for a whole day, he'd be annoyed too.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?