Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

BMW - No car seats to fit it!

10 replies

M2T · 28/05/2003 10:21

My friend has just told me that they are going to have to sell their BMW coz there are no car seats on the market that will fit the back seat!!

BMW will happily sell them one...... for £200!

Has anyone else experienced this???? Seems very wrong to me.

OP posts:
Please
or

PandaBear · 28/05/2003 10:23

We had this problem with our Honda Accord. They made the Honda to only fit their car seats, but have since stopped doing these car seats as they now only manufacture Isofit seats. They offered to sell us one of these at £300 a pop!!!!

In the end we found a car seat that fits - Britax Trio. They are not the smartest looking seat, but at the end of the day DD's safety is more important than anything else.

Please
or

whellid · 28/05/2003 10:26

M2T, my car seat goes into my parents BMW with no problems - its a Romer Prince (will check that though), and we bought it through a local Peugout garage as we couldn't find one to fit in our Peugout 306. I think it was about £70. It's universal, and has a tray that keeps the child in rather than straps. It's very lightweight and easy to change from car to car. Might be worth a go, rather than selling the car!

Please
or

Enid · 28/05/2003 10:30

We have a BMW and a Maxi Cosi priori and a Britax fit in easily.

Please
or

aloha · 28/05/2003 10:36

Or they could swap their BMW for my nice elderly Fiat - and I'll even throw in the car seat for free. How's that for a bargain!

Please
or

M2T · 28/05/2003 10:45

It's the type of BMW they have apparently. The new car they are looking at is also a BMW, but car seats fit it no probs. It's a 3 door model, perhaps 5 years old? 316i Compact?

She took it to a Mamas & Papas and Britax retailers who tried all there seats and said they were all unsafe! Nightmare1

Aloha - Forget my friends... I might take it! How much?

OP posts:
Please
or

suedonim · 28/05/2003 17:46

We've used several car seats in our BMW, all Britax ones. Personally, unless I wanted to change the car anyway, I'd just fork out the 200gbp, as it will cost an awful lot more than that to buy a new car.

Please
or

Bron · 29/05/2003 10:06

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

aloha · 29/05/2003 10:42

M2T, honestly I was going to flog it for a few hundred... very cute, bright blue, tiny so suitable for me to park... but we can't afford another car right now and ds has fallen madly in love with 'Mama's Beep-Beep' and goes to sleep sometimes muttering 'Cuddle Mama's Beep-Beep.."

Funny child.

Please
or

Bozza · 29/05/2003 13:52

Actually Bron that is a good idea but would probably be better as a new thread. Or maybe I'll search for your original thread and add to it.

Please
or

Bron · 29/05/2003 14:26

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?