Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

The Priory Bay Hotel

7 replies

anneke63 · 24/05/2003 17:41

Has anyone stay at The Priory Bay Hotel on the Isle Of Wight?

OP posts:
Please
or

ks · 24/05/2003 20:29

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or

SamboM · 25/05/2003 14:09

I tried to stay in it a couple of weeks ago but was fully booked. Would be interested to know what you think

Please
or

baggie · 25/05/2003 14:32

My friend has had many a meal there and rates it very highly.

Please
or

anneke63 · 25/05/2003 18:14

We are going for a week in august. So I will let you know whats its like.

OP posts:
Please
or

emmaij · 27/05/2003 12:23

Could you please take a peek at the self-catering cottages on site and let me know what these are like.

Thank you.

Please
or

MimsMum · 21/06/2003 20:07

Emmaij - Just got back from a week at Priory Bay Hotel. Had a fabulous time (helped by the weather!) We stayed in a self-catering cottage which was v.nice - bear in mind that it is a 3 star hotel so not quite up to Moonfleet/Babington standards, but clean and bright and well equipped. The beach is about 4 minutes walk from hotel and is just lovely, plenty of shade, nice sand and shallow paddling. The hotel pool is absolutely freezing, but dd didn't seem to notice. We went with my parents so had built in babysitters for evenings out, but you could easily self cater. We had lunch a couple of times by the pool, sandwiches etc which were yummy. We also used children's high tea facility which you just book on the day and they bill you for the days you've had. They offered a big choice of food, and didn't seem to mind dd spraying food far and wide from her high chair!! In fact they were very relaxed about children/dogs etc. Would recommend it, but again, we had sun every day and were able to be on beach/by pool. Seems to be a lot do do on I of W though so if rain strikes you should be OK. Oh, hotel has golf course too (pleased dh) which was fun.

Please
or

emmaij · 25/06/2003 12:20

Thanks MimsMum - sounds like they are worth a visit. Did they have nice views onto the sea? Also are they reasonably quiet?

Might try a long weekend in August.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?