My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

advice on Portugal

4 replies

Ra · 14/06/2001 08:39

Has anyone stayed on the Costa Azul in Portugal? (it's the bit between Lisbon and the Algarve on the Atlantic Coast). We're staying in a Villa near Tavira on the Algarve for a week and have decided to extend our holiday and stay for an extra 3 nights. I've heard this coast line is beautiful. We need to find accommodation (we're 2 adults and 2 bambinos of 2 & 1). Any suggestions please - or indeed anywhere else along the Algarve or inland from the Algarve - would be very welcome.

OP posts:
Helenmh · 14/06/2001 10:52

We went along the algarve coast for a week last year. We didnt go to the coast you mentioned but we did like the far west of the algarve near lagos. we have booked into a villa there for two weeks next easter.Tavira is also very nice.

Sjd · 14/06/2001 15:35

Has anyone been to the Sheraton Algarve? Any information welcome particularly about the child care restaurants and beaches we have two cildren aged 4(very shy) and 21months.

Wendy1 · 25/06/2001 12:55

Can't afford the Sheraton myself but do have friends that like it so much that they go every year. Their boys are 4 and 6. They don't use the childcare there so can't comment on that, but I'm sure everything else (food etc) must be pretty good.

Theresa · 29/06/2001 04:58

Can't give any advice about Portugal as I've never been but check out a website I've just discovered BabyGoes2.com. Full of advice, tips and reviews on travel with babies and children.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.