Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

advice on Portugal

4 replies

Ra · 14/06/2001 08:39

Has anyone stayed on the Costa Azul in Portugal? (it's the bit between Lisbon and the Algarve on the Atlantic Coast). We're staying in a Villa near Tavira on the Algarve for a week and have decided to extend our holiday and stay for an extra 3 nights. I've heard this coast line is beautiful. We need to find accommodation (we're 2 adults and 2 bambinos of 2 & 1). Any suggestions please - or indeed anywhere else along the Algarve or inland from the Algarve - would be very welcome.

OP posts:
Please
or

Helenmh · 14/06/2001 10:52

We went along the algarve coast for a week last year. We didnt go to the coast you mentioned but we did like the far west of the algarve near lagos. we have booked into a villa there for two weeks next easter.Tavira is also very nice.

Please
or

Sjd · 14/06/2001 15:35

Has anyone been to the Sheraton Algarve? Any information welcome particularly about the child care restaurants and beaches we have two cildren aged 4(very shy) and 21months.

Please
or

Wendy1 · 25/06/2001 12:55

Can't afford the Sheraton myself but do have friends that like it so much that they go every year. Their boys are 4 and 6. They don't use the childcare there so can't comment on that, but I'm sure everything else (food etc) must be pretty good.

Please
or

Theresa · 29/06/2001 04:58

Can't give any advice about Portugal as I've never been but check out a website I've just discovered BabyGoes2.com. Full of advice, tips and reviews on travel with babies and children.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?