Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

VALENCIA - WHERE TO EAT/GO/SHOP WITH 5 & 2 YR OLD?

5 replies

sezza · 10/04/2003 13:45

Staying on the coast near Valencia but want to take a day trip to the city on one of the days. Can anyone recommend where to eat/go/shop with a 5 & 2 yr old?

OP posts:
Please
or

edgarcat · 10/04/2003 13:57

Message withdrawn

Please
or

whymummy · 11/04/2003 16:04

hi sezza,ive just come back from spain i come from a village called benicassim in castellon, valencia,where abouts are you going?if you visit www.spainalive.com you`ll find a lot of useful information about valencia

Please
or

Lara2 · 14/04/2003 20:14

Go to the new museum and aquarium. The science bit of the museum is very hands on and good fun. They will ask you the ages of your children when you buy your tickets so that you can get (free) tickets for the children's section. You take the chit upstairs and they will give you a time to come back with your children. Plenty to do in the meantime. The restaurant downstairs was delicious. One price buffet and the food was brilliant. You choose what you want, as much as you want and my fussy 5 year old actually ate something!!
But apart from that wouldn't really recommend Valencia for such young children - we used to live down the coast in Denia and go back to visit family alot. I'm afraid the Costa Blanca is a bit like that - apart from beaches and swimming, not alot to keep littlies amused - the playgrounds are often awful by our standards. Benidrom has aqualand, Terra Mitica and an aquarium type park, but yours are a bit young for Terra Mitica, unless you're into theme parks. Sorry, not much use.

Please
or

sezza · 24/04/2003 14:02

Thanks, whymummy & Lara2. whymummy, stayed at Alcossebre, not far from you!! Got your message just after we left, but thanks, I'll remember that website for next time!

OP posts:
Please
or

whymummy · 24/04/2003 15:24

hi sezza thats really close to my hometown,i want to go back im really homesick did you enjoy it?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?