Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Singapore Airlines

5 replies

eidsvold · 29/03/2003 19:47

We are off in a few days with Singapore Airlines - according to their website they supply bottles, nappies, wipes , food etc. Is it true?

I have packed all I need to be on the safe side but I was just wondering how other people found them with regards to flying with little ones ( dd is almost 8 mths)

OP posts:
Please
or

Alibubbles · 29/03/2003 22:02

eidsvold, not able to enlighten you, but have a great trip!

Please
or

Ghosty · 29/03/2003 22:09

I have flown with Singapore Airlines a few times amongst others and found them to be by far the best out of all the airlines! You chose well! They do supply all of that stuff although I have never used any of it as I tend to travel with all but the kitchen sink
The staff are always lovely and happy to help ... have a lovely time eidsvold ... going anywhere nice?

Please
or

eidsvold · 30/03/2003 09:44

Ghosty off to Australia to visit family and friends - all my family is out there and none of them have seen dd yet!!

Thanks for that - I have packed almost all but the kitchen sink!!

OP posts:
Please
or

suedonim · 30/03/2003 12:25

Eidsvold, hope you have good time and that you are spoiled rotten by your family!

In case news hasn't filtered through to the UK, there's a flu-like illness called SARS that is affecting SE Asia. The situation is changing all the time so you may need to anticipate a delay at Singapore as some airports are now screening all passengers. You can check out what's happening with WHO , or on the Centre for Disease Control site .

Please
or

eidsvold · 30/03/2003 13:02

thanks for that sue

I picked up the news about that about a week or so ago and have been monitoring the Aus foreign affairs dept releases and checking on WHO website - but I did not know about the screening of passengers. We are only scheduled for a three hour stopover in Singapore and then straight on to Aus. Will keep checking those websites though.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?