Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

ski holiday insurance

2 replies

jasper · 03/02/2003 21:03

my dh is going for a week's skiing in France in March.
Anyone had a good quote for insurance?

OP posts:
Please
or

JanZ · 04/02/2003 15:50

Are you likely to be going away on holiday as a family later in the year? If so, it may be cheaper to look at an annual family policy.

Good ones (from memory) are Options Direct and Bradford & Bingley. BUT if he is likely to be skiing off-piste he needs to be careful and be sure he is covered. I think GillW gave some advice about some good ski insurance policies.

Please
or

Lindy · 04/02/2003 17:16

Jasper - no real help I am afraid but (as I'm sure you would!) check the small print very, very carefully. We needed to claim on our holiday insurance this year as had to cancel due to a very close relative's death - & were told that the insurance was invalid in such circumstances & referred me to a very 'small print' thing that did in fact say this ........ IMO it was a genuine reason for cancelling a holiday but we got nothing (not even a refund on the insurance!)sorry to sound morbid but it's rather put me off insurance, there always seems to be a catch.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?