Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone been to The Olde House in Cornwall?

2 replies

Manfwood · 03/02/2003 11:55

It is near Chapel Amble and Rock and is large working farm with lots of self catering cottages and leisure centre/animals etc in the grounds. Sounds nice but very large - also not sure if want to stay in this country (budget may force it). Just wondered if anyone had been?? Or can recommend anywhere similar. DS will be 18 months in the summer so might go abroad and do something not necess for kids before it is too late. That is if we can afford to go away at all!

OP posts:
Please
or

Crunchie · 03/02/2003 13:02

I was tempted with this one, but ended up at a place called Tredithick ( I think) farm cottages near Lostwithial. Check ont he web for this. We had the best holiday ever, as they also have animals, but only 8 cottages. In the morning you get to feed the animals and have a pony ride. I would highly recommned it, only they don't have a pool.

Please
or

Pat · 03/02/2003 13:27

Yes - we went twice when our two were little. It's a nice place, but as you infer you will be taking a gamble on the weather
If like us you go out of the main summer holiday period, you'll find other families there with children the same age as yours - so there's little friends there for yours. It was a few years ago for us, but by recollection there's a pet corner which has feeding opportunuties once or twice a day, an indoor softplay area and indoor pool. There's a lovely pub down the road with good grub - which has a family room.
There's loads of nice beaches that you can drive to and places to visit e.g. Padstow. There's also the camel trail (bike ride) from Wadebridge to Padstow which is great as the bike hire firms have special kid seats or buggies.
If the sun shines, it's perfect. If it rains a bit, then you'll still be OK. If it rains all week, you'll be spending a lot of time in the indoor pool and soft play!
I'm sure I've seen other notes on here in the past about this area so you can probably find other info.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?