Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Someone book my hol, please! Zero motivation. Two weeks next month...

26 replies

Joyfuldays · 20/06/2022 14:39

I'm so bored and tired. Does anyone want a task? Two weeks or so in Sicily from Weds 20th July to 3rd Aug. Not bothered if HB, AI or B&B. Must have pool. Pref somewhere where car not needed.

Help me someone before I lose the will to live.

OP posts:
Please
or

doodleygirl · 20/06/2022 14:40

I’m watching, as we want to go to Sicily in September. I’m no help to you, sorry 🤣

Please
or

BadAtMaths2 · 20/06/2022 14:42

Ring a travel agent?

Please
or

HermioneWeasley · 20/06/2022 14:48

Call dial a flight - they’re brilliant and do it all for you

Please
or

Fitterbyfifty · 20/06/2022 14:51

Travel agents still exist you know!

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 20/06/2022 17:26

You could have done a search on Jet2holidays in the time it took you to write the OP.

I've always fancied Sicily but I don't know anything about it. Where is the Sicilian equivalent of Playa Blanca or Nerja? Somewhere nicer and less crowded than Benidorm or Maguluf?

We could have gone on a day ferry/coach trip from Malta last autumn but covid restrictions of being in Italy made it hard to get into, or get back to the UK afterwards, I don't remember the detail, so we didn't bother.

Please
or

NanooCov · 21/06/2022 11:02

We stayed in Giardini Naxos in 2017 and it was lovely. Easy to get bus up to Taormina. It's mainly Italian holiday makers and there were very few Brits when we went (not school holidays as my son was only little at the time). I wouldn't bother with all inclusive - doesn't seem to be the norm in Sicily.

Please
or

fruitbrewhaha · 21/06/2022 11:55

I wouldn't do AI, the food in Italy is amazing in cafes and restaurants and you won't be staying in your hotel all day every day. Just book on Thomas Cook or Tui. They have options still.

Please
or

mycatisannoying · 21/06/2022 13:43

Diamond shoes feeling a bit too tight, OP? Wink

Please
or

saveforthat · 21/06/2022 13:47

If you have ever watched Inspector Montalbano, did you know his house in the series is a B&B. I am a latecomer to the series but really fancy staying there, it is right on the beach.

Please
or

MrsWonderland · 21/06/2022 18:09

Having spent about a hundred hours researching what felt like every villa in South East Sicily a few months ago trying to find something that ticked all our boxes and had availability in July, there is not a chance in hell I would offer to do this for you. Call a travel agent!

Please
or

Joyfuldays · 21/06/2022 18:48

MrsWonderland · 21/06/2022 18:09

Having spent about a hundred hours researching what felt like every villa in South East Sicily a few months ago trying to find something that ticked all our boxes and had availability in July, there is not a chance in hell I would offer to do this for you. Call a travel agent!

Ooh Mrs Wonderland, where did you stay in the end?

OP posts:
Please
or

Joyfuldays · 21/06/2022 18:49

NanooCov · 21/06/2022 11:02

We stayed in Giardini Naxos in 2017 and it was lovely. Easy to get bus up to Taormina. It's mainly Italian holiday makers and there were very few Brits when we went (not school holidays as my son was only little at the time). I wouldn't bother with all inclusive - doesn't seem to be the norm in Sicily.

Would you share details of where you stayed, please? Giardini Naxos sounds ideal!

OP posts:
Please
or

Joyfuldays · 21/06/2022 18:50

saveforthat · 21/06/2022 13:47

If you have ever watched Inspector Montalbano, did you know his house in the series is a B&B. I am a latecomer to the series but really fancy staying there, it is right on the beach.

Do you happen to know the name, please?

OP posts:
Please
or

Joyfuldays · 21/06/2022 18:51

mycatisannoying · 21/06/2022 13:43

Diamond shoes feeling a bit too tight, OP? Wink

No, but I am hugely overwhelmed!

OP posts:
Please
or

Joyfuldays · 21/06/2022 18:52

BarbaraofSeville · 20/06/2022 17:26

You could have done a search on Jet2holidays in the time it took you to write the OP.

I've always fancied Sicily but I don't know anything about it. Where is the Sicilian equivalent of Playa Blanca or Nerja? Somewhere nicer and less crowded than Benidorm or Maguluf?

We could have gone on a day ferry/coach trip from Malta last autumn but covid restrictions of being in Italy made it hard to get into, or get back to the UK afterwards, I don't remember the detail, so we didn't bother.

Can honestly say I’ve never heard of Jet holidays or whatever it is. My ex used to book all this stuff with separate villas, etc. I’m a total novice at doing family holidays. Thanks for info, that’s really helpful.

OP posts:
Please
or

Joyfuldays · 21/06/2022 18:52

fruitbrewhaha · 21/06/2022 11:55

I wouldn't do AI, the food in Italy is amazing in cafes and restaurants and you won't be staying in your hotel all day every day. Just book on Thomas Cook or Tui. They have options still.

Good point! Is more that I have a huge teenage boy to keep fed, but yeah, prob not worth it really.

OP posts:
Please
or

Joyfuldays · 21/06/2022 18:53

HermioneWeasley · 20/06/2022 14:48

Call dial a flight - they’re brilliant and do it all for you

Dial a flight! Will look them up. Thanks for the recommendation.

OP posts:
Please
or

Joyfuldays · 21/06/2022 18:54

doodleygirl · 20/06/2022 14:40

I’m watching, as we want to go to Sicily in September. I’m no help to you, sorry 🤣

Hope we both get sorted!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please
or

saveforthat · 21/06/2022 18:55

I'm trying to paste a link but it won't work. Just Google stay at montalbano house.

Please
or

MrsWonderland · 21/06/2022 18:56

We're there from the 9th July for a fortnight. One week near Santa Maria del Focallo and one near Scicli. But we will have a car.

Please
or

mycatisannoying · 21/06/2022 20:16

@Joyfuldays

I know the feeling! I hope you manage to find something Smile

Please
or

Joyfuldays · 21/06/2022 21:19

Wow! Thank you! Will see if can negotiate to Tuscany.
have you been here?

OP posts:
Please
or

Triotriotrio · 22/06/2022 10:26

@Joyfuldays I haven't but I use holiday pirates to book my holidays at least twice a year and I have had some amazing holidays with them including booking a hotel room and ending up with a private villa with its own pool for £222 all inclusive for a week.

Please
or

Triotriotrio · 22/06/2022 10:30

I've changed the dates and made it leaving and returning to the same airport for you.

Someone book my hol, please! Zero motivation. Two weeks next month...
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?