Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Half-board campsites with lodges in Italy/France/Alps

9 replies

Laquila · 19/06/2022 21:08

Can anyone recommend anywhere for this? We're working to a budget (hence thinking of campsites) but really appreciate the convenience of half-board (even better if it's somewhere that'll let you be flexible between lunch or dinner for the non-breakfast meal).

We were thinking May half-term so it's not crazy temps (ca. 27 degrees would be great) maybe the Italian lakes or France, or perhaps somewhere in the Alps? We'd happily go further afield too - I've had a few recommendations for Slovenia recently, and that would probably be quieter.

We have children who'll be 7-10, very swimming focused and outdoorsy.

We're fairly seasoned campers but the people we're going with would prefer lodges/cabins or perhaps more modern statics. Any recommendations gratefully received!

OP posts:
Please
or

NLondondiva · 19/06/2022 21:14

We went to a couple of different Huttopia sites a few years ago which were great. Not half board but the more "premium" sites have restaurants on site. All very tasteful 😆, lovely wooden cabins, plus options to camp too.

Please
or

NLondondiva · 19/06/2022 21:16

This was the one we liked. There was a lake as well as a pool, plus activities like tree climbing for kids Huttopia

Please
or
Please
or

Laquila · 20/06/2022 16:52

@NLondondiva Ahh I hadn't thought of Huttopia, thank you! We looked at them years ago but went to Duinrell instead.

@Fivemoreminutes1 Thank you for that 👍 I'd sent hat website already but hadn't given it a proper peruse so will do so tonight!

To be honest I think we might be trying to find a bit of a unicorn - we need some expectation management! Really I think we're hoping for a Spanish-style family all-inclusive hotel feel but with campsite prices 😂

OP posts:
Please
or

Sectordle · 20/06/2022 16:57

I would also like this!

We’ve been lots to campsites in the Alps but sadly I’ve never come across one that was half board which is a shame. The closest I’ve found are some of the sites in Croatia that you can book through Jet2. Not the Alps but still quite outdoorsy - I will see if I can find a link

Please
or

Sectordle · 20/06/2022 17:00

It was ones like Gava Waterman Island Cottages which I’d been looking at. Expensive though!

Please
or

Laquila · 20/06/2022 22:24

Oooh that looks gorgeous @Sectordle 😍 admittedly not really what I'm meant to be looking for (and same price we've just paid for AI in the Canaries 😁 but actually looks posher! And I love Croatia...)

OP posts:
Please
or

Sectordle · 21/06/2022 07:24

Just thinking again, 2 of the huge sites we have been to did have a half board option but it was no cheaper really. Bella Italia in Lake Garda and one of the Venice sites. If I was you I’d look at somewhere like La Ravoire in Annecy.

Please
or

Midgeymoo12 · 21/06/2022 08:18

Domaines Naides in Port Grimaud. Lovely pool, beach nearby. Beautiful area.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?