Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Booster Seat on Ryanair

4 replies

UnOeufIsEnough · 19/06/2022 17:47

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but has anyone flown Ryanair with booster seats for children recently?

All I can see on the Ryanair website is information for infants. My kids are 6 and 4. I haven't booked checked luggage for them but I want to check car seats for them. Did you get to check in car seats for free?

I tried the chat system to find out and just went round in circles!

Thank you!!

OP posts:
Please
or

niqnet1 · 24/06/2022 12:59

I'm after this advice too. We are travelling in 9th july and never used ryan air before so wary of hidden charges! Website is so ambiguous.

'Fee charged per item/ Per one way flight - maximum weight of 20kg per item (2 items of baby equipment are carried free of charge per child - 1 pushchair plus one of the following items: car seat or booster seat or travel cot).'

Please
or

Sweetmotherofallthatisholyabov · 24/06/2022 13:02

Flying from Dublin I've never had a problem bringing car seats as well as a checked buggy. On both infant and child tickets. But I don't know are the staff there just sound or is it policy. I usually have a buggy and 2 car seats.

Please
or

balalake · 24/06/2022 13:04

I apologise for my laughter at thinking that car seats would be carried on Ryanair for nothing. I am sure Mr O'Leary would charge for them.

Hope you can find out how much OP.

Please
or

UnOeufIsEnough · 24/06/2022 13:05

Thank you everyone!

@niqnet1 I agree, it's really ambiguous. Perfectly clear for infants but not so clear for older children

@Sweetmotherofallthatisholyabov thanks so much!!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?