Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

October half term - book now or wait?

4 replies

Alasia1983 · 18/06/2022 08:35

The cheapest holiday I can find in October half term in Tenerife is coming up as £3500 for myself and 3DC, all inclusive.

It's more than I want to pay, but affordable.

This is with Jet2.

If I could shave a grand off that amount I'd be happier but I'm not sure if prices are likely to go up or down between now and then - I'd be willing to hold off and wait for a last minute deal if it would save money but is it likely given the present climate and now summer flight cancellations have been announced? Are people likely to have their holiday cancelled for summer and book for autumn instead?

I'd really like to avoid missing out on a holiday this year as we've never been abroad and my children have been promised we'll go away!

If you were me, would you book now or wait?

OP posts:
Please
or

mycarisabakedbeancan · 18/06/2022 09:28

it's really hard to know. i've got an app called holiday pirates which sends alerts for discount holidays but they seem mainly to be last minute so you'd need to hold your nerve.
it's so lovely to have something nice booked up to look forward to though.
sorry i've been no help at all!!!

Please
or

Silverbirch2 · 18/06/2022 09:48

Honestly I would book now. It's a lot of money but for me the peace of mind that its booked so the dc have it to look forward to would make me do it.
Then never look at the prices again! 😊

Please
or

Flopisfatteningbingforchristmas · 18/06/2022 10:12

Either book now or book a week before. If you can’t take any days during term time at all then I would book now.

Please
or

Vikingmama79 · 22/06/2022 05:59

Been to Tenerife a few times in Feb or Oct half terms, first time we did last minute (pre Covid) and since months in advance but not much difference. In my experience you are never likely to get a bargain as too much demand with it being one of the few short haul ‘guaranteed’ sun spots for that time of year. If you have a specific hotel/standard in mind then just book it now.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?