Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone been to Turin with kids?

3 replies

User1234567891011121314 · 16/06/2022 17:28

Hi!
Just wondered if anyone had been to Turin, Italy with their DC (mine are 6 and 9). Any tips on where to go etc we are going for 10 days in August all being well.
Thanks in advance !

OP posts:
Please
or

scrumbrum12 · 17/06/2022 09:54

I haven't taken my children but am interested in seeing replies as I often think about it having lived there in my 20s. I remember it getting mega hot and humid in August so be prepared for that. Of my memories the following will probably be liked by kids:
The portico displays with all the sweets and chocolate - the amazing hot chocolate
Badonecchia ski resort which has lots of summer activities
Colle del Niviot - about 2 hours drive away, beautiful lakes, not sure for kids, worth researching
Then there's the military museum and Juventus stadium if you like that kind of thing and of course the shroud etc. There's probaly car related stuff to do also

It has probably changed loads since I was there and since hodlding the winter olympics

Please
or

scrumbrum12 · 17/06/2022 09:55

....and btw the pizzas are amazing. My main memory is the Orange festival but that's Feb. Look up festivals in surrounding villages. Milan not too far either

Please
or

User1234567891011121314 · 17/06/2022 15:52

Thanks so much for replying! I will research all the places you have mentioned! And thanks for the heads up with humidity 😌

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?