Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Disneyland Paris at Easter

5 replies

PeacheyPeach · 16/06/2022 15:22

Could you tell me what it's like at this time of year??
Is it crazy busy? I'm thinking maybe 4 days next year atthe easter break. Would that be enough to get around everything??

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 16/06/2022 17:13

Expect the parks to be extremely busy, especially around the four day weekend, but not as busy as summer or Christmas. The temperature is just right, but be prepared to dodge showers.
Obviously the answer to your question about whether you can do everything depends on:
How long you spend
The age of your dc
How many of you are going
Whether you stay at a DLP hotel
How much research you do in advance
Whether you pay for Premier Access
What dining options you decide on

Please
or

WhatsInAMolatovMocktail · 18/06/2022 18:55

You might do better in May half term as you are less likely to coincide with the French vacations.

We found two days were enough although we didnt worry about shows or queuing to meet the characters. And we were absolutely exhausted... so maybe 4 less busy days would have been better!

Please
or

NellWilsonsWhiteHair · 18/06/2022 19:06

Four days is just right I think - I think you can comfortably do everything in three days (one day for WDS and two for the main Disneyland park), and a fourth gives you slippage time in case there are things you want to revisit.

My view is based on having primary school or younger kids, wanting to do most of the rides but not the serious thrillseeker ones, and wanting to watch the parade/s more than once, see at least some shows and meet at least some characters. I won't pay for premier access.

I've done Easter long weekend before and also May half term. May is great as a PP mentioned because its not a holiday in France, and the longer park hours are a bonus (we definitely did a huge proportion of rides post 7pm when the queues dropped significantly, and with shorter park hours I'd definitely want to stay on site to benefit from EMH in the morning before the park opens to all visitors). Easter was good though, I liked the spring/Easter theming and it wasn't horrendously busy. I'd consider it again.

Please
or

mnahmnah · 18/06/2022 19:08

It all depends on when your Easter holidays are - lots of local authorities are different to each other. My authority is often different to most others so going on holiday at Easter has often worked to our advantage on both price and how busy it is, wherever we have been

Please
or

PeacheyPeach · 23/06/2022 12:30

Thanks everyone x think we might ( controversial) take them out on a friday and Monday outside of the Easter holidays so we don't have to deal with the crowds x

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?