Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

I'm after a strong folding bag

13 replies

wondabar · 14/06/2022 00:49

I like to take a folding bag in my suitcase that I can use as an additional suitcase if I end up with extra luggage on the way home from holiday. I bought the one I currently have ages ago and don't know what make it is. Can anyone recommend something that is a good size and durable?

OP posts:
Please
or

MatchaTea · 14/06/2022 01:24

I have this one. Incredibly strong. Not sure you can find it in UK. This is US site. www.muji.com/sg/products/cmdty/detail/4550182659085

Please
or

wondabar · 14/06/2022 09:49

Have you put that in the hold @MatchaTea ? Does it hold enough for a few days away?

OP posts:
Please
or

Kiitos · 14/06/2022 09:51

Bago bags are strong and would go in the hold

Please
or

MatchaTea · 15/06/2022 08:38

I did and it even survived honey from a shattered honey jar in someone else's luggage. The outside was disgusting, and but all my stuff inside was fine. I put it in the washing machine and as good as new.

Please
or

LadyCampanulaTottington · 15/06/2022 08:48

We bought these when we were living in Ireland. They’re made from recycled sails and would probably survive a nuclear blast. They fold really thin mcwilliambags.com/

Please
or

FiddlefigOnTheRoof · 15/06/2022 09:09

Helly Hansen do great waterproof duffel bags, with strong zips that have loops so you can lock the main section for putting in the hold. They fold up flat.

Please
or

wondabar · 15/06/2022 22:50

Thank you for all these suggestions. @Kiitos I had one of the Bagos bags from a few years' ago which was absolutely fantastic and very strong. I ordered one of their bags from Amazon the other day but it was so thin that I sent it back. When did you get yours? I loved the way that you could zip it up into a compact bag

OP posts:
Please
or

Kiitos · 16/06/2022 07:59

Oh I bought mine from Amazon a few years ago too. Disappointing if the quality has gone to shit since 🙁

Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 16/06/2022 08:03

My most durable was bought from a pound shop many years ago. This one isn’t too bad although not huge www.mountainwarehouse.com/cabin-sized-packaway-holdall-40l-p14081.aspx/black/

Please
or
Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 16/06/2022 08:05

I’ve also had huge and very durable ones with wheels on one side from Wilko but they don’t fold up as small as others and weight a couple of kilos.

Please
or

TizerorFizz · 16/06/2022 20:59

Le Pliage by Longchamp are the best. All sorts of sizes. All fold up really small. Suitable for hand luggage it you don’t go too big.

Please
or

UglyModernWindows · 17/06/2022 18:21

TizerorFizz · 16/06/2022 20:59

Le Pliage by Longchamp are the best. All sorts of sizes. All fold up really small. Suitable for hand luggage it you don’t go too big.

I second this. I bought the Le Pliage XL folding tote over a decade ago, have used it loads on flights (in cargo) and it's still like new. Folds small so it's easy to take with you as a stand by extra bag.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?