Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Planning ahead for 2023!

4 replies

RomeoOscarXrayIndigoEcho · 11/06/2022 11:30

Our term ends in June (Scotland) DH and I are thinking about saving our annual leave and/or taking parental leave so that we could be off for the six or seven weeks of the summer break.

We'd also have to save money too - especially if we use parental leave!

I'd like to take the train to London and then the Eurostar to Paris to spend the whole time in mainland Europe with our 2 DC.

BUT I'm not very experienced at travelling and I'm a planner. What would you do/could you do with 6 weeks in Europe.

Are there websites to plan itineraries?

How do I turn this madcap idea into an actual plan?

OP posts:
Please
or

minipie · 11/06/2022 15:56

Ooh you could go Interrailing - the interrailing website has some itineraries.

I’d try to plan in the main cities you want to see and add in some side trips to nearby beaches/places with pools to give everyone a rest.

How old are the DC?

Please
or

minipie · 11/06/2022 15:57

www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trip-ideas here is the trip ideas page

Please
or

RomeoOscarXrayIndigoEcho · 11/06/2022 16:34

By then then DC will be just 13 and almost 17.

I've always wanted to go interrailing!

OP posts:
Please
or

TreesAtSea · 11/06/2022 20:15

For rail travel around Europe, be sure to check out the "man in seat 61" website. He's a complete mine of info on the subject. As to destinations, do consider including Amsterdam - an amazing city! Happy planning!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?