Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Italy and FFP2 masks

8 replies

TheDogsMother · 04/06/2022 08:29

Looking at the GOV website, when travelling to Italy they state to wear an FFP2 mask which seems very specific. I've traveled to a few places over the last couple of years where a normal surgical mask has been acceptable so for anyone who has flown to Italy in recent weeks did you see the specific FFP2 requirement being enforced ?

OP posts:
Please
or

Orangesandlemons82 · 04/06/2022 08:32

We flew last week with easy jet. All passengers were told they had to have that type of mask on to fly into the country. On the way neck no-one wore a mask at all.

Please
or

Orangesandlemons82 · 04/06/2022 08:33

Way back I mean

Please
or

Orangesandlemons82 · 04/06/2022 08:34

Sorry, so in answer to your question flying into the country it was enforced.

Please
or

politics31 · 04/06/2022 08:50

We flew home last night. When we arrived last week we were told by cabin crew we needed one but then ground crew said we didn't (it was 1am though!). Yesterday noone was wearing them. We did see people be turned away from public buses though for not having them so I would recommend having some with you

Please
or

TheDogsMother · 04/06/2022 09:14

Thanks both for your help. I was trying to avoid adding to my current large and varied collection of masks but I've just ordered some FFP2 to avoid any travel drama 🤣

OP posts:
Please
or

Geamhradh · 04/06/2022 13:36

The next update on ffp2s and transport will be on 15th June.
I flew home (into Italy) way back in April and Ryanair didn't enforce it. Out of Italy into the UK, easyJet did.

Please
or

CharlotteSt · 04/06/2022 13:39

Three weeks ago BA enforced it on the way out but the rules changed on the day we flew back so we didn't wear them flying home. You did need them for public transport.

Please
or

TheDogsMother · 07/06/2022 15:55

Well we've just landed in Verona on EasyJet and there was no requirement for any type of mask. Currently in a taxi and again not needed. Anyone in the market for 10 x FFP2 masks ? 🤣

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?