Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Day trip from Sharm to Cairo

5 replies

coolpattern · 03/06/2022 09:15

Going to Sharm this Summer. Has been over 20 years since I last went to Egypt.

would like to take the kids into Cairo for one day to see the pyramids and museum. Anything else I’ve forgotten?

has anyone done this relatively recently? Just book own flights and get a tour guide for the day? Any recommendations? Two female adults and 3 male teenagers.

OP posts:
Please
or

CosmopolitanPlease · 03/06/2022 09:22

We did this but it was eleven years ago. We went through Sharm-Club Excursions on Facebook- booked before we went, someone came to our hotel in Sharm to take payment, then minibus came to hotel on day of excursion, took us to airport, coach to pyramids etc with tour guide. A meal at the Hard Rock Cafe was included and a visit to the museum. The tour guide was wonderful and so was the whole day. I really recommend this company.

Please
or

coolpattern · 03/06/2022 10:36

Thank you, I’ll look them up :)

OP posts:
Please
or

CosmopolitanPlease · 03/06/2022 10:45

Ooh I forgot, we also went on a short boat trip on the Nile as part of the package!

Please
or

coolpattern · 03/06/2022 10:47

Where did the boat trip go? I’ve done a Nile cruise before, Cairo to Aswan. I loved it!

OP posts:
Please
or

CosmopolitanPlease · 03/06/2022 11:11

It didn't go anywhere, just up and down a bit with great photo opportunities and then back to the Hard Rock Cafe which is right on the river Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?