Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Last minute short break in the sun

6 replies

Merriboo · 29/05/2022 23:15

Debating a (very) late booking for 4 nights solo in the sun.
options are Crete, gram canaria or Portugal.
5 nights in turkey is also doable.

I can’t decide if the current airport issues which are making headlines are a deal breaker. Have dithered about it for a couple of days.
im also nit sure which if those options would work best solo.
most hotels that come up look ok and offer half/full board or all inclusive

OP posts:
Please
or

Meredusoleil · 30/05/2022 03:48

I wouldn't be trying to go anywhere out of the country ATM if I were you...far too rammed at all the airports, ports and trains terminals. Can you not at least wait until after the half term break has finished?

Please
or

CeeJay81 · 30/05/2022 05:35

I'd def wait till after half term. We didn't have any issues travelling to crete last week(return home tomorrow) but we had fass passes for security at Birmingham. If your only going for a few days I'd recommend hand luggage only or day before check in with your case.

Please
or

Newnormal99 · 30/05/2022 05:41

We flew from luton yesterday morning. Nowhere near as bad as I expected. I took 1 hour from leaving airport hotel to getting out other side of security.

Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 30/05/2022 06:09

I would let press put you off but it’s a busy time of year. Of the three destinations I would probably choose Gran Canaria as felt safest there but all are safe really. It depends on the resort to some extent.

Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 30/05/2022 06:09

*wouldn’t

Please
or

Roselilly36 · 30/05/2022 06:19

So many flights are being cancelled at the moment, roads will be packed too so getting to the airport is something to consider, and then the queues, tbh I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle for a few days, only you know if it’s worth it for you. I hope it all goes well if you decide to go, if you do just take a carry on bag would be my advice, much easier.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?