Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

jamaica -ochios rios

4 replies

knakered · 30/10/2002 17:36

Where should we stay? /eat? /what should we see?...best beaches for children (3 under 4 yrs?)

OP posts:
Please
or

VJR · 30/10/2002 21:08

knakered - my brother got married in Ochios Rios about 6 or 7 years ago. He stayed at an all inclusive resort with beach huts and water sports. It was quite nice but was one of those conveyer belt wedding resorts. I think they had 1 or 2 weddings a day so it was full of loved up couples but there seemed to be lots of kids around too. The rest of my family stayed at a nice hotel with its own private beach but this was pre kids so am not sure how suitable it would be.

The waterfalls are a fantastic place to visit. They are just a short taxi ride away from Ochios and well worth the visit. I also recommend the glass bottom boat rides as I'm sure the kids would love to see the fish and turtles swimming underneath them.

Sorry I can't be more specific about the places we stayed. If you want more details let me know and I can find out for you.

Please
or

VJR · 30/10/2002 21:08

knakered - my brother got married in Ochios Rios about 6 or 7 years ago. He stayed at an all inclusive resort with beach huts and water sports. It was quite nice but was one of those conveyer belt wedding resorts. I think they had 1 or 2 weddings a day so it was full of loved up couples but there seemed to be lots of kids around too. The rest of my family stayed at a nice hotel with its own private beach but this was pre kids so am not sure how suitable it would be.

The waterfalls are a fantastic place to visit. They are just a short taxi ride away from Ochios and well worth the visit. I also recommend the glass bottom boat rides as I'm sure the kids would love to see the fish and turtles swimming underneath them.

Sorry I can't be more specific about the places we stayed. If you want more details let me know and I can find out for you.

Please
or

VJR · 30/10/2002 21:09

sorry didn't mean to post twice!

Please
or

HarryWilliamWilson · 08/04/2022 11:52

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?