My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

jamaica -ochios rios

4 replies

knakered · 30/10/2002 17:36

Where should we stay? /eat? /what should we see?...best beaches for children (3 under 4 yrs?)

OP posts:
VJR · 30/10/2002 21:08

knakered - my brother got married in Ochios Rios about 6 or 7 years ago. He stayed at an all inclusive resort with beach huts and water sports. It was quite nice but was one of those conveyer belt wedding resorts. I think they had 1 or 2 weddings a day so it was full of loved up couples but there seemed to be lots of kids around too. The rest of my family stayed at a nice hotel with its own private beach but this was pre kids so am not sure how suitable it would be.

The waterfalls are a fantastic place to visit. They are just a short taxi ride away from Ochios and well worth the visit. I also recommend the glass bottom boat rides as I'm sure the kids would love to see the fish and turtles swimming underneath them.

Sorry I can't be more specific about the places we stayed. If you want more details let me know and I can find out for you.

VJR · 30/10/2002 21:08

knakered - my brother got married in Ochios Rios about 6 or 7 years ago. He stayed at an all inclusive resort with beach huts and water sports. It was quite nice but was one of those conveyer belt wedding resorts. I think they had 1 or 2 weddings a day so it was full of loved up couples but there seemed to be lots of kids around too. The rest of my family stayed at a nice hotel with its own private beach but this was pre kids so am not sure how suitable it would be.

The waterfalls are a fantastic place to visit. They are just a short taxi ride away from Ochios and well worth the visit. I also recommend the glass bottom boat rides as I'm sure the kids would love to see the fish and turtles swimming underneath them.

Sorry I can't be more specific about the places we stayed. If you want more details let me know and I can find out for you.

VJR · 30/10/2002 21:09

sorry didn't mean to post twice!

HarryWilliamWilson · 08/04/2022 11:52

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.