Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

FIRST PASSPORT PROBLEMS

6 replies

bleubleu21 · 25/05/2022 10:20

So I’ve applied for my babies first passport in my maiden name as this is now my legal name (divorced) how ever my most recent passport is married name ? I just ticked that I didn’t have a passport as I have lost it and cancelled it. I have only sent in my birth certificate along with babies and my mums ? Is this going to be ok or is my married name going to pop up somewhere and delay the process ? Thankyou in advance

OP posts:
Please
or

SapereAude · 25/05/2022 11:13

Your OP is unclear.
Have you lost your passport in your maiden name? Or is that a replacement for the lost one?

The child's father's documents need to be sent. Someone needs to sign the recognition declaration of the photographs.

Did you apply online? There's a checklist.

Please
or
Please
or

bleubleu21 · 25/05/2022 11:20

I lost my passport in my married name and haven’t applied for another. I can’t provide fathers details or evidence as he’s out of the country so left him off the passport application. I applied online and have had someone confirm our identity

OP posts:
Please
or

SapereAude · 25/05/2022 14:26

If he doesn't have any kind of parental responsibility (you'd need to provide probably court orders which confirm this) you'll probably be OK. Your own lost BC passport plus your other docs establish your entitlement to British Citizenship and therefore the child's.
The mother of a child automatically has parental responsibility. The father does, until a court rules otherwise (in simplistic terms) So you may be asked for his documents anyway.

Please
or

Rrrunrunrunrunrun · 25/05/2022 14:54

I applied for my twins recently. I applied in my married name as that’s the name on their birth certs. I had to put in my passport number to confirm my identity. My passport is in my maiden name.

Apart from taking so long to arrive that we had to cancel our holiday, there was no issue with getting the passports.

Please
or

bleubleu21 · 25/05/2022 17:34

That’s such a shame !!!!
I’m hoping there is no issues as my married name passport was cancelled and now I’m divorced and back to my maiden name which I’ve applied for her passport in. Hoping they don’t want all dads details with her being my surname x I’m worried about it being delayed but we don’t go away until
october. X

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?