Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Has anyone actually managed to get an urgent appointment?

10 replies

Baileysoncereal · 24/05/2022 08:28

I’ve been refreshing for 5 days now and everytime it just says no appointments

I’m at the cut off of 10 weeks before my holiday, so at this point I could still apply the usual way
but I presume I’ll need my passport to check in for flights and things like that, so I was going to get the urgent one for peace of mind, especially in case there are any more delays at the passport office

has anyone managed to get an appointment? Is there a trick to it??

DH and I both need one but I presume it’s madness to think we could get one on the same day

OP posts:
Please
or

Chishnfips · 24/05/2022 08:30

Appointment for what?

Please
or

Tiani4 · 24/05/2022 08:32

It's be difficult to say, as depends on your local passport office. Why not try? Presumably you have to book the holiday to have a deadline you can use?

Please
or

bluechameleon · 24/05/2022 09:02

Took me about 10 days of checking every single time I unlocked my phone, but in the end I got one. It was at about 6:50pm that I got lucky, so don't assume if there isn't one when you try in the morning that's it for the day.

Please
or

Tara336 · 26/05/2022 19:20

Yes, I went online early morning (before 7am) and there were appointments

Please
or

AgnesNaismith · 26/05/2022 19:23

I was the same, couldn’t get one for me or dh so chanced it and sent off the online form followed by passports recorded delivery. Both came back within 3 weeks! I know it’s a bit chancey but if it’s a straightforward renewal, not lost, new or name change they seem to be getting through them very quickly - possibly a part of the system that is more automated?

Please
or

LizzieSiddal · 26/05/2022 19:23

I know it’s not what you are asking but DH and I both applied online for new passports on 8th May. I received mine today and DHs should be any day. Couldn’t believe how fast it was!

Please
or

JubileeQueen · 26/05/2022 19:36

I would definitely try and get an appointment, I applied for a passport renewal for DC 8 weeks ago and it's not come back yet.

There seems to be no set time that it's taking, his brothers came back quite quickly.

Please
or

almondflake · 26/05/2022 19:50

We found it better to check after 6pm , there were no appointments during the day but they seemed to add them later on .
Good luck 🤞

Please
or

BigRedDuck · 26/05/2022 19:52

We got DSs passport back within 3 wks of a normal application.

Please
or

Ohhelpicantthinkofaname · 26/05/2022 21:44

It it seems really varied on how fast normal renewals are coming. I’ve recently done both DC one child to adult and one child renewal and one took 3 weeks and the other 4 weeks. But there are so many horror stories around it’s up to you if you want to risk it.

good luck with getting an appointment.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?