Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Passport

6 replies

Bonkerz · 23/05/2022 13:41

So asking for my son

Back in December he booked a trip to Barcelona. He applied for his first passport at end of Jan (delayed as an unexpected stay in hospital after an accident.)

By the end of March he was told passport office had everything they needed and passport was processing.

2 weeks ago he applied to fast track his application. He is due to fly on Thursday morning.

Today he received a letter saying he needs to go for an interview. We've spent the last 4 hours being on hold/transferred and hung up on.

He had taken tomorrow off to go to Peterborough office to sit and wait to be processed.

What does he do? We genuinely thought he had enough time (25/1/22 to 26/5/22) for his passport to be sorted.

Would this count as an extreme circumstance for him to claim on his insurance?

I'm absolutely gutted for him but it looks like he's not going doesn't it.

OP posts:
Please
or

ArnoldBee · 23/05/2022 13:43

The fast track application cancels for the first one so not sure why he did that?

Please
or

Bonkerz · 23/05/2022 13:44

He was told to do it by a man he spoke to about where his application was at.

OP posts:
Please
or

Flopisfatteningbingforchristmas · 23/05/2022 13:45

No. His insure will say he should have passport in place before booking the holiday.

Please
or

Bonkerz · 23/05/2022 13:45

Not that it matters because he emailed all the addresses asking to fast track and provided proof of flights and holiday etc and was never contacted anyway

OP posts:
Please
or

Bonkerz · 23/05/2022 13:46

Flopisfatteningbingforchristmas · 23/05/2022 13:45

No. His insure will say he should have passport in place before booking the holiday.

Well that's what I told him too back in Jan but he's 21 and autistic and felt he was able to do this.
I feel awful for him but trying to be supportive.

OP posts:
Please
or

Bonkerz · 25/05/2022 19:48

Just an update. After 8 hours in Peterborough DS finally got his passport and has 3 hours to pack and fill in the relevant forms before heading off to catch a train to the airport!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?