Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Resort Recommendations

7 replies

elm11 · 22/05/2022 11:16

Need advice on a resort for the summer holiday.

We’ve been in Forte Village and Le Dune before, but this year we're thinking of trying something different, maybe a bit less expensive so we could have a longer holiday.

We're a family of 4 and are looking for the following:

• Sandy shallow beach with warm water
  • Good food
  • Accommodation of a cottage style with own entrance, ideally with an enclosed garden
  • Not too busy
  • Presence of a kids club or entertainment would be advantageous

It would be great to hear if someone with similar priorities found their perfect place for a summer holiday.

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 22/05/2022 13:30

Vila Vita Parc and Pestana Albie Beach Villas, both in Portugal

Please
or

lop32 · 22/05/2022 13:46

Probably doesn't fit the cheaper category but we're trying an Ikos resort this year as they seem to get excellent reviews.

We also enjoyed the Four Seasons resort in Quinta do Lago in Portugal (there's two, the non golf one and no relation to the Four Seasons hotel chain). There's a decent restaurant, really nice townhouse style accommodation and various sports activities. Also good for celeb spotting if that's your thing and quite reasonably priced.

Please
or

Costacoffeeplease · 22/05/2022 13:56

Portugal is the Atlantic so not guaranteed warm water

Please
or

NewAccount1223 · 22/05/2022 14:50

Well pretty much anywhere is cheaper than Forte Village so you should be ok 😂
The best beach I have been to for kids is Santo Tomas in Menorca and the resort has everything on your list, though you might have to drive for food.
But it may be a big step down in terms of luxury/ quality of accommodation.

Please
or

elm11 · 22/05/2022 17:59

Thanks everyone for your replies. It seems that all the places mentioned have no availability right now, which is kind of a good sign. I guess we'll spend another summer at Le Dune, and I will make sure to book early for the next year (I say it every year though 😂)

OP posts:
Please
or

SunnyShiner · 22/05/2022 18:01

Not sure about the kids club and it's a shuttle to the beach but Aphrodite hills in Cyprus has that type of accommodation and is cheaper than the fortes.

Please
or

olafhasmelted · 22/05/2022 18:07

Peryali villas in Zankynthos- not a hotel but can eat out easily.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?