Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Blackpool trip

4 replies

hhsa · 21/05/2022 19:23

Help me plan my 2 days trip to Blackpool with a 9 year old. 1 hour train ride, so need a walking distance hotel. Can anyone recommend? Also what to do for the 2 days, hotel preference walking distance to beach and piers.

OP posts:
Please
or

Favouritefruits · 21/05/2022 21:14

Stay at the imperial hotel it’s the only 4* on the seafront and have a lovely afternoon tea, short walk into town or you can catch the tram outside.

Blackpool zoo is great well worth a trip, if you like rides there’s the Pleasure Beach but prebook tickets for the best price. Blackpool tower eye is a bit crappy and not worth it but you can go into the tower for free. Sandcastle water park is great fun as well the UKs largest indoor water park, and don’t forget the slots at the arcade my children’s favourite!

Iknow Blackpool’s a bit down in the dumps but we have had great fun weekends there. It’s what you make of it, my kids prefer Blackpool to all abroad holidays.

Please
or

ofwarren · 21/05/2022 21:21

There is a new premier Inn on Talbot Road, which is the same street as the train station. Its down the road from north pier and the beach. I wouldn't go to the imperial or most of the older hotels as lots are really run down.

I'd advise going to the pleasure Beach, the sea life centre and the sandcastle.

Please
or

KangarooKenny · 21/05/2022 21:23

Not very helpful I’m sure, but I’d go to Liverpool instead.

Please
or

hhsa · 21/05/2022 21:38

Thank you for your replies. I had been liverpool for a few hours, went to the docks and walked into the town. But preferred a beach trip.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?