Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Croatian ferry tickets

4 replies

Nenanena · 21/05/2022 17:52

Will be getting the TP line ferry/catamaran from Dubrovnik to Korcula in August, 2 adults and 2 children over 3. Also a return journey but with KL. I'm having difficulty booking online tickets for children, it seems for both companies you need to buy in person from a kiosk.

Two questions: am I right in thinking that this indeed is the case?
And if we left it until we are actually there to buy in person do we risk there being none left? How busy are these catamarans/ferries?

Thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

wowsaidtheowl · 21/05/2022 19:32

Are you getting the car ferry? We managed to book ahead a few years ago but it was easy to buy on the day when needed. No idea about passenger ferries though!

Please
or

Nenanena · 21/05/2022 22:13

They are passenger ones.

OP posts:
Please
or

wowsaidtheowl · 22/05/2022 20:26

Have you tried the Jadrolinija website to book? That’s who we did all our booking with and they have a catamaran for the route you’re after.

Please
or

Nenanena · 22/05/2022 22:40

Ah... I appreciate the tip but the crossing time with Jadrolinja on the way there and particularly on the way back from Korcula are not great for us as our kids are still quite small (7am departure and then a crossing getting in at half nine at night). The other companies have crossings at much better times. Just not so great online systems by the looks of things 🙄

Is anyone familiar with the TP Line and KL ferries and knows if waiting until the week of travel to book would be OK?

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?