Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

How much suncream?

3 replies

QuantumWeatherButterfly · 20/05/2022 09:53

DH, DD7 and I will be going to southern Europe for a week over the May half term. The weather forecast is great – high 20s all week. We don’t sunbathe - we’ll be swimming a lot, but otherwise mostly sitting in the shade.

How many bottles of suncream should I take, given I don’t want to overspend/overpack, but I also don’t buy any while I am away if I can possibly help it? We use 200ml bottles of Ambre Solaire spray.

OP posts:
Please
or

TokenGinger · 20/05/2022 11:59

What skin types are you?

I am ginger and very fair skinned. I usually use 1-2 bottles in a week just for me, but that's if I'm sunbathing. If I'm covered up and only needing to do arms and legs etc., then I'd take 2 bottles for a week for me, DS and DP.

Please
or

QuantumWeatherButterfly · 20/05/2022 13:45

Ah yes - that was crucial information! We're all white, pale rather than olive, and dark haired.

DH tans just looking at a postcard. I do tan, but much more slowly and I will burn if I am not careful. I have a family history of melanoma, hence I generally prefer the shade. I think DD probably takes after her dad, but she always has factor 50 on in the summer so it is tough to tell.

I currently have 3 bottles, so one each.

OP posts:
Please
or

QuantumWeatherButterfly · 20/05/2022 13:45

And those 3 bottles are factor 50.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?