Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Do I need my birth certificate for renewing British passport?

7 replies

koalaha · 15/05/2022 17:05

This is just a simple renewal of an expired British passport - my name, nationality etc are all the same as before.

From the notes in the accompanying booklet it seems that the only supporting document I need to provide is my expired passport. I just wanted to check - is that correct? Do I definitely not need to provide my birth certificate?

Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

bellac11 · 15/05/2022 17:06

I did mine online recently, was years out of date, I didnt need anything other than an uploaded photo (this was hugely stressful by the way so dont leave it to the last minute, it wouldnt accept the code from the photo booth and even when it did it wouldnt accept it/wrong colour/wrong background)

Please
or

BIWI · 15/05/2022 17:08

We didn't need ours - just the old passports.

We had our photos taken at a Timpsons, and they check that everything is OK with the photo before sending you a link to it.

Please
or

Comedycook · 15/05/2022 17:10

I didn't...I just uploaded my photo, filled in form online and sent off my old passport

Please
or

LIZS · 15/05/2022 17:12

No, just the previous passport

Please
or

AttilaTheMeerkat · 15/05/2022 17:28

No the birth certificate is not needed, just the previously issued passport.

Please
or

koalaha · 15/05/2022 17:30

Thank you! Am I right in thinking that an expired passport counts as an “uncancelled passport”?! Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

dementedpixie · 15/05/2022 17:32

Just the old passport and a new photo is required

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?