Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Where would you go- month in coastal European city/town?

5 replies

blue12345 · 08/05/2022 19:32

We have a month off in July. Two youngish kids.

We'd love to go somewhere for a month or 5 weeks. By the sea. Somewhere we can maybe get a nice all-inclusive holiday with kids club for a week or 10 days. Then 3 weeks self-catering.

Any suggestions of places to go that aren't your usual holiday hotspots?

Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

AnxiousSquirrel · 08/05/2022 20:18

Cyprus is lovely, the Paphos region, some amazing hotels that offer both self catering and all inclusive options, I stayed at one a few years ago, offered so many different activities for children every day, had a crèche that offered child care for a few hours of the day, food was amazing, rooms/apartments comfortable, they had a spa which was lovely
Wish I could remember the name of the hotel but I can't unfortunately, sorry!

Please
or

blue12345 · 08/05/2022 21:08

Thank you. Have never been to Cyprus!

OP posts:
Please
or

Alwayspaintyournails · 08/05/2022 21:22

For me it would depend on if I needed a car or not.

No car I would go to Malaga in Spain, Agios Nickolas in Crete or Binibequer in Menorca - in order from busy to quiet. All have what you need to live day to day plus good transport links to explore.

With a car, Outskirts of Luca in Italy, Mesnil Val in France (the quietest perfect little beach) or not seaside but Lake Garda is stunning.

Please
or

midsomermurderess · 08/05/2022 22:27

Athens, Genoa or Thessaloniki. Stuff to see and do in each city and lots of potential nearby.

Please
or

fridaseyebrows · 08/05/2022 22:43

Salento in the heel of Italy. Lecce is a stunning city - not quite on the coast but a shortish drive. Spend some time in the city, then stay self catering by the coast, which is spectacular and lots of options depending on what you prefer. So child friendly everywhere. Amazing food and wine and lots of local festivals to visit. V hot though. Def need a car though when not in the city.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?