Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Entry requirements to US

4 replies

Neverendingwashingpile · 06/05/2022 11:41

Can anyone provide clarification on this please. The UK govt website says unvaccinated under 18s are exempt from the requirement to isolate on arrival in the US - here

www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements

But I cannot find this confirmation on the CDC website. In fact, the attestation says they do need to isolate for 5 days.

Screen shots attached.

Entry requirements to US
Entry requirements to US
OP posts:
Please
or

wonderstuff · 07/05/2022 07:21

Under 18s don’t have to quarantine if travelling with fully vaccinated adults. If not vaccinated you have to agree to test on day 3, but there’s no system to trace this. You do need to check travel insurance policy if you haven’t vaccinated as some require ‘all recommended vaccines’

Please
or

wonderstuff · 07/05/2022 07:24

We traveled to the US over Easter with kids, was all quite easy once we had negative test results, that requirement was very stressful and I don’t think we’d do it again until the drop pre departure tests.

Please
or

whenwillthemadnessend · 07/05/2022 08:00

My dh goes for work and has to have a Pre departure test24 hours before despite being 3 vaccinated. And having covid in March.

That's put me off going there for a holiday as it's expensive and risky.

Please
or

wonderstuff · 07/05/2022 09:25

whenwillthemadnessend · 07/05/2022 08:00

My dh goes for work and has to have a Pre departure test24 hours before despite being 3 vaccinated. And having covid in March.

That's put me off going there for a holiday as it's expensive and risky.

Absolutely, we booked a trip in 2020 and rearranged twice, so testing was the only option, 8 of us, attending 3 different schools, definitely took the shine off the build up. Thankfully we all passed and had a great time, but I’d not knowingly do it again!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?