Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Antigen test to board flight from Italy

5 replies

Oldhag5 · 02/05/2022 17:34

Does anybody know if the antigen test required to board a flight from Italy for unvaccinated 12+ year olds has to be done in an Italian pharmacy or can I buy one here and take it with me and show the results?

OP posts:
Please
or

Quartz2208 · 02/05/2022 18:00

Why would you need one to board a flight from italy to the UK - surely it is just the other way round. Or am I missing something (taking unvac 9 year old soon)

Please
or

PAFMO · 02/05/2022 18:24

www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en/procedures-for-departures-and-arrivals?p_p_id=it_txt_adr_cookiepolicy_web_portlet_AdrCookiePolicyBannerPortlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view

You need a green pass still to board a plane out of Italy. You can get the test done at the airports or pharmacies. Do it yourself tests have never been accepted in Italy. Your son will also still need a negative test for anywhere that still needs a GP though as of this last weekend, that's hardly anywhere.

Please
or

Oldhag5 · 02/05/2022 20:30

Thanks for your replies that’s really helpful.

OP posts:
Please
or

Oldhag5 · 02/05/2022 20:33

PAFMO I just clicked on the link you posted and it says from 1-30 April the test is still required, has that been extended do you know?

OP posts:
Please
or

PAFMO · 03/05/2022 05:37

Oh yes, I'd forgotten we were in May now! I flew back a fortnight ago from Italy.
I know that 1st May most restrictions were lifted regarding passes/vaccine status once you're in Italy, but I think getting on a plane back out may be a grey area and may depend on the airline.
I'd try messaging the airline direct. (When we flew out (easyJet) they checked vaccine status/negative test results at the actual gate, not at check in beforehand)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?