Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Holiday ideas, long haul with DC10

6 replies

Gintime74 · 01/05/2022 21:09

I would love to take my 2 DD 17 and 10 somewhere a bit further afield. I’m thinking 10 days in Feb and would like to do some kind of safari/rainforest day out but would also like a beach or at least pool. Probably would like All inclusive just for convenience so I guess I want a tourist resort but with a couple of exciting day trip excursions available?
we have only been to Europe so anywhere different. Ideas please?

OP posts:
Please
or

KangarooKenny · 01/05/2022 21:12

Jamaica was lovely, but felt scary out of the hotel.

Please
or

jesusmaryjosephandtheweedonkey · 01/05/2022 21:15

Costa Rica

Please
or

Madcats · 01/05/2022 21:16

Do you want to see Lions/tigers/bears?

Otherwise, you might enjoy an overnight flight down to Mauritius?

You are just off the UK time zone with a lot of hotels around the coasts (many AI). You can snorkel or dive, but the centre has rainforest.

Please
or

minipie · 01/05/2022 21:22

Thailand could suit. Or Tulum area of Mexico.

Mauritius has lovely hotels but not a huge amount in the way of exciting day trips IME.

Please
or

DownTownAbbey2 · 01/05/2022 21:45

Mexico
Costa Rica

Please
or

Gintime74 · 03/05/2022 20:39

Sorry for late reply, for some reason I have been unable to see the posts over the last couple of days. Thank you ,I’m interested in Costa Rica, does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay?

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?