Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Tel aviv

7 replies

Daisylo0 · 24/04/2022 22:10

Looking for next year. What’s the best time to go , and are Airbnb’s a good option? Is 10 days too long.
also is it expensive for a holiday? . Would be two adults.

OP posts:
Please
or

kitcat15 · 24/04/2022 22:19

Daisylo0 · 24/04/2022 22:10

Looking for next year. What’s the best time to go , and are Airbnb’s a good option? Is 10 days too long.
also is it expensive for a holiday? . Would be two adults.

Of all the places I’ve visited in Israel…..Tel Aviv was the least interesting …..10 days?😳

Please
or

Daisylo0 · 24/04/2022 22:23

Where do you recommend?

OP posts:
Please
or

wanderingscot · 25/04/2022 11:33

I think you need to do some research. There are some amazing places. Masada, Jerusalem, swimming in the Black Sea, snorkelling / diving in Red Sea, camel riding in the desert. I went there about 20 years ago and remember Tel Aviv as a bit of a dump (but I was backpacking and it was a while ago)

Please
or

MadameFantabulosa · 25/04/2022 11:35

I’d use Tel Aviv as a base and travel around from there.

Please
or

sunshinesupermum · 25/04/2022 11:42

I agree Tel Aviv for a base and beach for R and R but do travel around: Jerusalem is a must and so is the Galilee imo. Fab place for a holiday as there is so much to see.

Please
or

50ShadesOfCatholic · 25/04/2022 11:45

Tel Aviv is a dump. Recommend Jerusalem, Masada, Eilat, Dead Sea

Please
or

Daisylo0 · 25/04/2022 11:49

We have friends in tell aviv, so will visit them for maybe four days, and move on somewhere else.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?