Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Rome with a toddler

6 replies

Iwonder08 · 23/04/2022 11:40

Has anyone been in Rome with a toddler? He is good at walking but ideally I would like to have an option of having a stroller and/or scooter. I've heard the streets are cobbled and it can be problematic. Would a stroller like yoyo or a scooter be appropriate?
Also I would appreciate any recommendations for activities appropriate for almost 3yo

OP posts:
Please
or

Staffordshireknotter · 23/04/2022 15:17

I've been with all ages of children as my brother lives there and to be honest it was hard work with toddlers for the reasons you describe. It's a fantastic place and we had many happy trips there but it's not somewhere I'd have chosen to go with toddlers.

Please
or

Qwill · 23/04/2022 15:21

Yep, had a great time there. The parks are beautiful and there is loads to do. Restaurants are very accommodating. Also to a yoyo. Would highly recommend.

Please
or

Qwill · 23/04/2022 15:21

Had no problems with the yoyo on the cobbles at all, and was perfect to be able to carry up any steps as it was so light.

Please
or

Ilovemyshihtzu · 23/04/2022 15:35

Yes, and had a great experience, also had a pushchair with us, and no problem with the streets, but all so walkable so rarely needed the pushchair.

Please
or

pilates · 23/04/2022 16:01

When are you thinking of going? It will be very hot in the summer months.

Please
or

Iwonder08 · 23/04/2022 21:48

Very good advice everyone, thank you. I am planning late May, hopefully it won't be too hot. I gathered yoyo will be fine but not to take a scooter.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?