Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Passport

7 replies

Llou12 · 22/04/2022 14:14

Been reading about passport office saying they have not received old passport. Same thing happening to me. I received mine yesterday but husbands text still saying they haven't received his old one yet. This was sent track and trace and signed for on 7.4.22. I sent mine to Bootle his was to Durham
Any advice would be great (have emailed and tried to phone) thanks 😊

OP posts:
Please
or

mayaknew · 22/04/2022 14:27

Sorry no help but thought I'd join in on your passport anxiety.

We booked to go away end of June and needed to renew all of our passports.

Just done it online this week and I've been hearing that there's a massive backlog and they're taking over 10 weeks to arrive. We leave in about 9 weeks!

Hope you get it sorted soon OP !!!

Please
or

bizzey · 22/04/2022 14:35

OP..almost identical dates to mine .
3 sent signed for.
Arrived and signed for the next day

Passport A. Bootle..text and email today to say received.

Passport B. Bootle ..nothing.

Passport C .Durham...lots of text and email asking me to send old passport.

So ...not much help I suppose....but definitely, no pattern !!

Please
or

bizzey · 22/04/2022 14:36

Sorry ..should say mine were sent
11/4.

Please
or

StressyMcStressFace · 22/04/2022 14:47

I applied for my family's passports on 2nd Feb for 4 of us. 2 went to bootle one to Durham and the other to glasgow. 1st one came back after about 6 weeks from bootle. Then the Durham one about a week later. A good while after that the other bootle one finally arrived. Still waiting for the one from Glasgow. Its 10 weeks now!

Different process for each one I.e. things done in a different order. Nothing is straightforward or simple!

We go pn holiday at end of June too but the anxiety is real! The updates are not in real time IMO. Website says the last passport is being processed and do not contact us it's incredibly frustrating!!!

Please
or

rooinspace · 22/04/2022 14:52

It’s a shambles at the minute. We’re waiting for one to be printed. Took about 2 weeks for the passport office to mark the docs as received after confirmed Royal Mail delivery for us, and having read several forums that seems to be about average. Then a further week to two weeks for approval, then a further 5-8 days for printing on average.

Would advise anyone that’s eligible to use fast track.

Please
or

TedOnTheBed · 22/04/2022 14:58

I recently had to renew our families passports via paper application because dh has changed his first name so was unable to renew the dc passport online. I sent them next day and they were received 14/4/2022 they still haven’t processed a card payment so assuming that means the envelope containing the 5 applications in separate envelopes hasn’t even been
opened yet. This is the Durham office by the way, being paper I can’t even track the applications. I can’t wait for them to arrive as it’s stressing me out with the name change as obviously the name of father is different on this application to previous ones, I have sent the deed poll and other legal documents as evidence. I assume surname change is common for mothers so not an issue but giving its first name and a man I am having anxiety about it, we don’t fly until start of August so hopefully have enough time to sort out any issues.

Please
or

Cjh75 · 08/05/2022 09:04

Passport Woes

Hi all, has anybody had and dealings with Corby passport office. Sent two passport renewals end of April by special delivery had notification from Royal Mail that mine was received at Liverpool and has been approved however tracking for my sons is is still in transit, RM have assured me its gone to Corby but how they do know when tracking hasn't been updated?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?