Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Spain including Canaries, Balearics

4 replies

kinggen · 22/04/2022 10:28

Any recommendations for where is nice to go for a week at the end of June/early July with 2 teens post exams? Don't want clubbing or AI. Like to go out to eat in different places at night, have a few drinks, so town location rather than resort out in the middle of nowhere. Will mostly be swimming, relaxing etc in the day. Thanks.

OP posts:
Please
or

tanstaafl · 22/04/2022 13:13

Alcudia , Majorca.
huge long beach , old town alcudia for a walk to and glass of wine in a square.
hire car and see the lighthouse, old town pollenca with the 365 steps to the small church, drive down to Sa Calabra and explore the canyon ( you can hire local guides too )

Please
or

Gowithme · 22/04/2022 13:46

I agree that Majorca is wonderful, I haven't been to Alcudia but we stayed a few days in Palma and then got the tourist train out to Soller and the tram down to Port de Soller.

Please
or

OverByYer · 22/04/2022 13:53

Marbella. The old town is lovely. Lots to do in Marbella, mine enjoyed visiting Puerto Banus, Ronda and Gibraltar.

Please
or

Blueberrycreampie · 22/04/2022 14:09

Costa Blanca around Altea, the old town is lovely and its great to walk into Benidorm or get the open topped bus, hire bikes etc. Loads of nice restaurants and easy to get to Denia, Calpe and Javea. Or travel into the hills behind to the Algar Waterfalls for a lovely day out.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?