Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Benalmadena hotels

10 replies

manulose · 19/04/2022 22:57

We're looking to book a five night break to benalmadena at whit. Had anybody stayed at Sunset beach with teens and can recommend it? Or recommend any other hotels or apartments close to here?

OP posts:
Please
or

Lavenderlid · 19/04/2022 23:44

I haven't stayed there - but we stayed at Globales Los Patos Park (with Jet2) just before the pandemic. What kept my dc happy was the pool had several slides going into it, which was more fun than the usual pool.

Please
or

converseandjeans · 19/04/2022 23:57

Ask the OP whose husband went on a boys golf trip to Portugal but ended up in Benalmadena? He might have stayed there.

Please
or

tanstaafl · 20/04/2022 07:59

Stayed there as a couple AI before COVID.
looking at the hotel pictures now it looks like they’ve refreshed the place during the pandemic.
Its a good 30mins walk to the Marina ( which personally once you’ve seen it , you’ve seen it ) but teens might want to go there for something to do.
check yourself but I’m not sure either pool is heated at Sunset - something very few hotels along that coast bother with.
the cable car ride is a good way to kill a few hours.
train into Malaga takes 35mins and will be about 8 euros return.

Please
or

manulose · 20/04/2022 19:49

@converseandjeans

Ask the OP whose husband went on a boys golf trip to Portugal but ended up in Benalmadena? He might have stayed there.
I don't think the OP came back? Hmm
OP posts:
Please
or

manulose · 21/04/2022 11:14

@Lavenderlid would you say suitable for teens?

OP posts:
Please
or

Lavenderlid · 21/04/2022 11:23

I don't know with regard to things like entertainment - that's definitely more aimed at young ones or adults anywhere I've been. I do remember some very dressed up young girls in the evening so they were attending at least! I think it's the place not the hotel in terms of keeping teens happy. If they love the pool, the slides add an extra interest. But we only had one family room (there might have been other options). I would get on trip advisor to see up to date stuff for any hotel - type teens in the search for the reviews.

Please
or

lala1245 · 21/04/2022 13:34

We stayed there recently with teenagers. Location was good, lots of nice restaurants nearby and right on the beach. Pool wasn't heated and was cold but weather was lovely.

Entertainment was mainly for younger children but there was adult entertainment in the night as well. We tend to go out for meals late and then visit bars afterwards. They enjoyed the break.

Please
or

manulose · 21/04/2022 19:55

Thanks everyone

OP posts:
Please
or

manulose · 22/04/2022 14:43

Just bumping for any more potential recommendations 😬

OP posts:
Please
or

Twilightstarbright · 23/04/2022 17:40

We stayed at Torrequebrada at Easter and previously at Sol House. I think Teens would prefer SIL house of the two location wise but Torrequebrada has an indoor pool.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?