Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Taking daughters friend on holiday.

2 replies

StaceyMarieR · 19/04/2022 21:19

So I'm taking my daughters friend on holiday for a week. She's always round we call her our second daughter. She's only ever stayed over for 2 nights in a row.

I have an 8 year old son aswell but I don't want him to be left out.

What do I do if she's naughty?

Has anyone taken their child's friend on holiday?

OP posts:
Please
or

Hellocatshome · 19/04/2022 21:24

Could do with some more information such as how old, where is the holiday, how long is the holiday etc. I went on holiday with my friend and she came on holiday with us while we were secondary age. It was laid out well in advance that whilst on holiday the friend would be treated as a member of the family so expected to join in everything including any jobs etc that needed doing and would be disciplined if necessary the same as the family kids. Was never necessary though.

Please
or

MossyBottom · 19/04/2022 21:32

I have taken a friend when DC were teens.
Just make sure they are covered on your insurance and that you know about any medical conditions.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?