Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Please help me find the holiday....I am failing

19 replies

Saynotopineappleonpizza2021 · 17/04/2022 23:24

2 adults and 2 small children are wanting to go away early June, £3.5k budget

We want a hotel on a beach (or near one), with a splash type pool for the children, within walking distance of a more traditional (not stupidly touristy) village/town.

Spain/Greece/Italy

Please tell me someone has recommendations because I am going around in circles

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 18/04/2022 08:00

Grecotel Marine Palace and Viva Cala Mesquida Resort

Please
or

user1506328491 · 18/04/2022 08:14

Castello boutique - Sissi, Crete?
Georgiopolous beach hotel, Crete?

Please
or

user1506328491 · 18/04/2022 08:17

Hoposa hotel - Port de pollenca

Please
or

user1506328491 · 18/04/2022 08:18

Sorry shld have said Majorca?

Please
or

Ragwort · 18/04/2022 08:21

Why don't people use travel agents anymore? They are the experts and are not necessarily more expensive than finding your own deal. And a lot less hasssle.
For years we never used Travel Agents ... to be honest I never deal holiday admin - that's DH's role .... then a few years ago we did use a TA and it was fab, recommended a wonderful holiday we would probably never had discovered 😀

Please
or

Phos · 18/04/2022 08:26

Try Barrhead travel. I'm not affiliated to them in any way but when I see them advertising their prices seem good.

Please
or

ColeJ · 18/04/2022 08:40

Costa Grand in Santorini :)

Please
or

TizerorFizz · 18/04/2022 08:40

Early June is the Jubilee holiday. Won’t everyone be going then so high prices will be an issue?

Please
or

Michellebops · 18/04/2022 09:22

Magic natura, just outside Benidorm
Paradise park, Tenerife
Leonardo Laura beach, Cyprus
King evelthon, Cyprus

Please
or

Phos · 18/04/2022 09:28

Most schools are off the week before and not all of them have a fortnight in May. If OP leaves it till say 7 June it will be all over and schools going back.

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 18/04/2022 11:43

Please
or

LaTomatina · 18/04/2022 11:52

Croatia! Rovinj, Porec, Umag, Fazana - pretty much every coastal town fits this. And June should be cheap. Or Portoroz/Piran on the Slovene coast.

Please
or

Saynotopineappleonpizza2021 · 18/04/2022 16:46

I love Croatia but for various reasons it's not an option this time. Thank you all - loads to look through.

Travel agents are fab but they always seem to lack the local knowledge of if its a safe walk to a hotel from a town that you can only gain from actually having been there as a guest

OP posts:
Please
or

Countdownis35 · 18/04/2022 20:11

Have you looked on TUI OP? What are you looking for kids club/water park for the kids? TUI offer family life and holiday villages. To be honest to cut costs I usually book anyway with a watermark and kids club similar kind of thing.

I am going to Stella villiage in Greece in June.

Please
or

ouchmyfeet · 18/04/2022 21:29

This ticks all your boxes OP:

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudHJpcGFkdmlzb3IuY28udWsvSG90ZWxdXVtbwww.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g659968-d254185-Reviews-Insotel_Punta_Prima_Resort_Spa-Punta_Prima_Menorca_Balearic_Islands.html Review-g659968-d254185-Reviews-InsotellPuntaPrimaaResortSpa-PuntaaPrimaMenorcaaBalearic_Islands.html

It's in Menorca. V short airport transfer, lovely shallow kids pool, right next to the beach (not a huge beach but nice enough). Short walk along the coastline to punta prima village. Looks in budget too.

We went a few years ago and loved it

Please
or

Saynotopineappleonpizza2021 · 18/04/2022 22:37

@ouchmyfeet that looks perfect thank you!!

@countdownis35 yes I've actually looked at that exact hotel, I'm just wary of when the new waterpark will be finished as I can imagine my children getting annoying nagging why they can't use a half finished waterpark Grin

OP posts:
Please
or

Countdownis35 · 18/04/2022 22:52

I've stayed in Palma in Spain when DS was little too.

Last year I stayed in So coma Globales Bouganbilla as I got a cheap deal the rooms were not fancy. But the water park was one of the best I've been to in fact I think it was the best DS loved it!

Ahhh I know the dreaded reno waterpark noise... I'm hoping it will be completed and the restrictions for Greece will be dropped by June

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 19/04/2022 14:11

@Saynotopineappleonpizza2021

I love Croatia but for various reasons it's not an option this time. Thank you all - loads to look through.

Travel agents are fab but they always seem to lack the local knowledge of if its a safe walk to a hotel from a town that you can only gain from actually having been there as a guest

Google Maps and streetview is good for that sort of research. You can see if there's a footpath and whether it looks well lit, busy, etc.

Also whether a town is nice and authentic or full of Big Lils English Breakfasts type places.
Please
or

emmathedilemma · 19/04/2022 15:33

Check the recent reviews as it's years since I stayed there but this hotel ticks all your boxes. It's just a little fishing village but there was a few local tavernas for evening meals, a small supermarket (the rooms had a fridge and kitchenette which was useful) and the beach is across the road. www.onthebeach.co.uk/hotels/cyprus/cyprus/polis/latchi-family-resort

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?