Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Where to go & what to do: two months with 4 year old

1 reply

Rilo · 17/04/2022 12:25

I’m able to take a two month break from work this summer. I have a four year old and would love to go on a big adventure somewhere with her. Australia, New Zealand and South America all appeal but I’ve no idea where to start planning such a long trip. I’d like to find exciting things for her to do, and maybe some childcare too so I can have some time to relax. The budget is fairly relaxed.

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 17/04/2022 14:37

If you’re wanting a bit of childcare, I’d suggest choosing a country which speaks English or which has a large expat population.
If you go to NZ or Australia, consider breaking either your outbound or home-bound journey with a week in Singapore. It’s such a child-friendly destination.
Southern Australian cities like Melbourne, Adelaide and Canberra can get quite cold in July. You won't be wearing shorts and t-shirts in the south. Sydney and Perth are a bit milder but Perth is quite wet. NZ is going to be cold, grey and wet wherever you go.
If it were me, I’d do a massive road trip up (or down) the west of Canada and the USA. You probably know that summer camps are a massive thing in the USA and there are some day-camps which take 4 year olds. E.g. Jefunira Camp in California. You can use the American Camp Association website to find a camp.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?