Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Euch why can't British Airways sort their website

12 replies

Bells3032 · 13/04/2022 08:49

Anyone else been unable to access their flight bookings on British Airways. We need to cancel one flight and get back our companion voucher and change another flight and yet I can't access my flights on the website and the phone line tells you they don't have time for you and hangs up before you get through to anyone. Worrier the flights we need will sell out before they sort themselves out.

Also need to update our passport details for a flight in a couple of weeks. This has been going on for a week now. Why can't they sort themselves out.

OP posts:
Please
or

chipsandpeas · 13/04/2022 08:57

if you log in with the booking ref rather than your email details your flight should come up

Please
or

Bells3032 · 13/04/2022 09:03

Thanks. I can see the flights that way but can't change flight times

OP posts:
Please
or

PAFMO · 13/04/2022 10:59

I had this a couple of weeks ago, TL:DR needed to "accept" flight time changes for me and DD and the two new times were completely different Hmm Ended up ringing them and going for the option "do you mind if the operator is in Germany not the UK" and got through after only a few minutes. Guy was super helpful and said "oh dear, it shouldn't do that, it's the rubbish system" and did it for me.

Please
or

Bells3032 · 13/04/2022 14:11

Thanks. Sorted now. Bit of a weird work around in the end but finally sorted :)

OP posts:
Please
or

dreamingofsun · 13/04/2022 19:01

hopefully BA might be looking at this post.....i was trying to find out where they flew to from my regional airport and just couldnt work out to do it. I am degree educated and worked with IT teams for many years so not totally stupid......

Please
or

SayYestothemess · 13/04/2022 22:05

We had a similar problem. We were given a voucher that states can only be used by calling but we just couldn't get through.
We gave up and paid cash which I presume is their intention.

Please
or

ArrrMeHearties · 13/04/2022 22:21

I hate British airways with a passion and once I've got rid of the voucher noose round my neck, I'll never fly with them again. Nearly £800 tied to them and can't get through to them to book and their website is an absolute shambles to use. I'm ready to crack with them. My phone would be getting thrown in annoyance if I didn't need it so much lol

Please
or

ArrrMeHearties · 13/04/2022 22:22

I mean how hard is it to want to book my honeymoon to tenerife for dp, ds and I for next year Sad

Please
or

LadyGardenersQuestionTime · 03/05/2022 20:13

Glad it's not just me - impossible to book a flight on their stupid website at all. Infuriating.

Please
or

BritWifeInUSA · 04/05/2022 04:29

Not the same problem but another problem with the BA website…I’m flying with BA to the UK next month. Every time I try to
access the booking (I’m still trying to book a seat number) I get a message “warning” me that I have to apply for an ESTA to travel to the US and that all visitors to the US are required to provide the address of their first night. But my flight starts in the US, was booked and ticketed in the US, my US passport number is in the booking. I don’t need an ESTA. I have a US passport and I live here. I am very surprised that the BA website isn’t designed to accept that people flying from the US and back to the US might actually be Americans.

Please
or

AttilaTheMeerkat · 04/05/2022 06:23

BAs website has been beset with problems for some time now. Think their mouse on the hamster wheel is worn out.

re booking your seat you may not be actually able to do this until a week or even 24 hours beforehand particularly if you have no executive club status.

Please
or

ajandjjmum · 04/05/2022 06:35

They'll normally let you book your seat ahead of time - as they want the ££££s you pay for it!

I very recently had a response to an email I had sent in February. Shock

The system is absolute crap, but once you do manage to get hold of a real live human being, they all seem to try to be really helpful.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?