Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Italy / France with unvaccinated 12 yr old

17 replies

Morag72 · 09/04/2022 19:15

Struggling to understand whether we’re allowed to travel. Anyone know ?

OP posts:
Please
or

PAFMO · 09/04/2022 19:17

For Italy you can travel but will have to test to enter and then every 48 hours to obtain a green pass for the places it's still needed.

Please
or

Anoisagusaris · 09/04/2022 19:20

I don’t think you have test every 48 hours in Italy??

Please
or

gonnabeok · 09/04/2022 19:41

You can take a 12 year old unvaccinated child uf with a vaccjnated adult who has a covid pass.The child needs to have done a negative pcr or lft test (designed for travel) just before the trip. There are also sworn statements to print off on the french govt site confirming you have not had covid recently.That said someone told me that in the last 5 days France has moved the UK off their amber list onto their green list so the restrictions may be even lighter now - check their govt website for updates. Im going on Wednesday.

Please
or

Watapalava · 09/04/2022 20:21

Just returned france - no one checked anyones vax certs at all. Not a single person on our flight had their vax certs checked.

Please
or

Morag72 · 09/04/2022 20:33

Thank you !

OP posts:
Please
or

PAFMO · 09/04/2022 20:43

@Anoisagusaris

I don’t think you have test every 48 hours in Italy??

You do if you're not vaccinated and need a green pass.
Please
or

Anoisagusaris · 09/04/2022 20:47

@PAFMO I can’t see that, am I being really thick??

www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements

Please
or

yummyeclair · 09/04/2022 20:59

Last Day in France for holiday. We drove , just online forms to fill in for 2 under 12s regarding Covid. Nobody checked our paperwork at Eurotunnel except for passports. Only other 2 children of friends over 12s had to have Private P CR test with negative result within 48 hours of travelling as both only just turned 12 and unvaccinated.

Please
or

Watapalava · 09/04/2022 21:11

Please
or

LabraDabraDoo · 10/04/2022 10:04

Just back from Italy here. No one checked any paperwork, including at the borders. We got DS10 a lft before we went but no need for any further testing or check. Only issue you might have is that they checked pass on exit in the airport - so maybe nip into a pharmacy to get a test before you leave. Mask wearing compliance is very high though- and you need Fttp2 masks on all transport.

Please
or

Oriunda · 10/04/2022 11:20

If your child is over 12 they need a lft to enter as stated above. They will also need to be tested every 48hrs IF you plan for them to eat inside restaurants etc. Places are slowly relaxing and not testing, but I wouldn’t take the risk if you are planning to go to restaurants etc.

Please
or

Oriunda · 10/04/2022 11:22

This is for Italy. More or less same for France but with declaration d’honneur (but I’ve never had to show ours when adults needed them too).

Please
or

Watapalava · 10/04/2022 13:32

France stopped vogue passes for entry to places weeks ago

Please
or

Watapalava · 10/04/2022 13:32

Covid

Please
or

CovoidOfAllHumanity · 11/04/2022 23:03

Definitely allowed. We are in Italy now with unvaccinated 10yr old. We got him an LFT before flying out but in fact no-one checked it at the airport and only one restaurant has checked our NHS app Covid passes and they waved him through as exempt under 12 (as a cute blond boy he is surprisingly popular with Italian waiters) No-one else has asked about Covid passes or tests at all although you do need a mask and will be asked to put it on indoors.
Even officially he doesn't need an LFT every 48h as he is with vaccinated adults so is exempt from the green pass requirements and they were relaxed a lot on 1st April anyway so most places no longer require a super green pass. For the rest of us we just show our NHS app and get it scanned.
We are on the Amalfi coast and everyone here is overjoyed to have tourism back as it's by far their main income so they are very keen not to put any obstacles in our way and to give us a good experience.
Numbers are still down on a normal year apparently which makes everything feel quite pleasantly uncrowded. We could not feel more welcome.

Please
or

zafferana · 12/04/2022 14:46

We just got back from France on Sat and our Covid vaccine certificates/NHS app were checked by the airline (Jet2) before we dropped off our bags, so don't count on them not being checked! If DS (14) hadn't been vaccinated I don't think we could've travelled.

When we arrived in France all they wanted to see was our passports, no one asked to look at the passenger declaration forms.

Please
or

zafferana · 12/04/2022 14:48

someone told me that in the last 5 days France has moved the UK off their amber list onto their green list so the restrictions may be even lighter now - check their govt website for updates

Although if this is true you might be okay. France was certainly very relaxed about the whole Covid situation once we were in. No one wearing masks, no one checking anything, it was like Covid didn't exist!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?