Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Can anyone tell me how to do the family Spain travel health form please?

26 replies

nothingcomestonothing · 06/04/2022 13:46

Hi all,

we are going away on Saturday and am trying to fill in the Spain health travel form - I know you can't get the QR code until 48 hours before you fly but you can fill all the flight number, passport number etc. I've filled out all our info on a family/group form, but when I go to save it says 'children under 12 don't need a QR code' (DS is 10) and won't save. Do I not put him on the form? The FAQ isn't helping, it says all travellers need to make the health declaration, but the form won't let me fill it in for a 10 year old, so how can he? Please help!

OP posts:
Please
or

Carrieb1978 · 06/04/2022 15:37

I have the same thing. I also found even adding adults if you took you have a vaccine it says you do not need the form. This seems to now imply that children under 12 and vaccinated adults do not need to complete the form. I am struggling to find this verified anywhere else

Please
or

bestbefore · 06/04/2022 15:49

I read it that you can't do the form until 48 hours before you go?
We def needed it when we came into Spain 3 days ago - for adults - don't know about under 12s

Please
or

Carrieb1978 · 06/04/2022 15:51

I am within 48 hours I fly Friday am. It is very strange it seems to no longer allow completion if you are vaccinated

Please
or

Carrieb1978 · 06/04/2022 16:04

This seems to say not needed?

Can anyone tell me how to do the family Spain travel health form please?
Please
or

Carrieb1978 · 06/04/2022 16:23

On trip advisor forum people saying its scrapped but not announced yet… obviously do your own checks though dont want to give rumour based advice. Seriously frustrating why cant they keep at least the Spanish site clear etc with updates

Please
or

nothingcomestonothing · 06/04/2022 16:36

It seems from the official website that you no longer need the form if you are fully vaccinated. There is a facility to check on the homepage if your vaccination certificate is accepted. So I tried that - 2 adults fine, 1 adult not, and 13 year old DD not! All adults with three vaccines more than 14 days ago, DD with 2 more than 14 days ago Confused . Hoping it's just a glitch !

OP posts:
Please
or

paranoidmumdroid1 · 06/04/2022 18:00

Nothingcomestonothing
Having exactly the same problem right now. 2 kids that can't be added to the form as they are too young.....

Please
or

paranoidmumdroid1 · 06/04/2022 18:04

Also do I tick "complete regimen" or "booster"? I've had 3 doses. I can't get the little "?" to give me more info......
Thanks

Please
or

AnyFucker · 06/04/2022 18:04

The spth site says forms no longer needed (as of today) but many travel agents and the gov.uk site are not caught up yet.

I checked to see if my certificate was validated but it was not, despite me travelling with it just recently twice. I know it is valid so I think it is glitchy.

Please
or
Please
or

paranoidmumdroid1 · 06/04/2022 18:37

Thanks. The forms were on my holiday admin list but tbh I hadn' looked at the website until now and it's thrown me a bit!

Please
or

Mojitomogul · 06/04/2022 22:33

Going on sunday. I'm going to chance it with just my booster and vaccine QR codes- it says in bold on the spth and gov websites that fully vaccinated adults do not need the health care form.

Please
or

Carrieb1978 · 07/04/2022 09:43

I am off tom going with just vaccine certs will let you know if it goes wrong! Cant do anything else as form wont work for vaccinated and kids as far as I can tell

Please
or

paranoidmumdroid1 · 08/04/2022 12:46

@Carrieb1978 let us know how you got on. We are flying with Easyjet tomorrow. Thanks 😊

Please
or

Bickles · 08/04/2022 13:04

We fly tomorrow too- Jet2 have now updated their website to reflect the change. Under 12s nothing needed, over 12 vaccinated - you can check your vaccine/ recovery pass is valid on the Spanish government website.

Please
or

paranoidmumdroid1 · 08/04/2022 13:15

It's good someone has updated their website, that gives me confidence.
Unfortunately the website is saying DS pass is not valid so may need the form anyway! Thanks for the info

Please
or

thunderonlyhappenswhenits · 08/04/2022 15:01

I'm abit confused now ! Not going until may and was quite confident as we're all triple jabbed and ds is 7 so therefore exempt, but I was under the impression I still had to do a family/group spth form just like I did last august. What the hell do I now 😆 do I still have to do a form just for ds ?

Please
or

Bickles · 08/04/2022 15:09

As it stands at the moment under 12s don’t need to do anything.

Please
or

Amei · 08/04/2022 15:23

I'm also going to Spain next month, does anyone know how far in advance I need to download my QR code as I can only get my second dose 15 days before I fly. Can I just download the pass the day before? It's so confusing 🤣 and do I just show the code on my phone? I don't need to print it? Xx

Please
or

Bickles · 08/04/2022 16:50

I think- you aren’t fully vaccinated until 14 days after dose 2, so you need to get the NHS app up and running and keep checking.
We have done both- printed off vaccine certificates (we have 3) plus recovery certificates (we had Covid in March) and downloaded to phone, taken screenshot too.
www.spth.gob.es/spain-validator
Upload a photo of your vaccine certificate to make sure it will be accepted. I’m guessing you are very young to only just be double jabbed? I was double jabbed this time last year.

Please
or

Notdoingthis · 08/04/2022 18:31

Hang on, this thread is confusing me. I have a paper version of my NHS Covid pass. That's all I need right? Plus passport, boarding pass, EHIC, insurance... I started the health form to finish it within 48 hours of leaving, though not sure it's needed now. Thanks

Please
or

jaundicedoutlook · 08/04/2022 21:38

We arrived in Spain on Wednesday and they were definitely checking them at the airport.

We put our youngest (8) on our family form and it didn’t prevent us submitting and getting a QR for her…

Please
or

stravagante · 09/04/2022 05:36

I'm flying to Tenerife on Sunday. I filled in my form on Thursday and got the qr code which surprised me as I was over 48 hours away from departure. When my partner went to do his yesterday it kept saying he didn't need to. In the end, he went through and did it manually so that he at least has covered all bases.
It seems that the communication around the change has been confusing!

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cugov.ukL2ZvcmVpZ24tdHJhdmVsLWFkdmljZS9zcGFpbi9lbnRyeS1yZXF1aXJlbWVudHM=

Please
or

nothingcomestonothing · 09/04/2022 17:10

We arrived in Spain this morning, no health form needed for 3 adults with 3 jabs, DD13 with 2 and DS10 with none. Our covid certificates were checked as we left the airport, all okayed including the ones the Spain travel site said weren't valid earlier this week. Hope that reassures people.

OP posts:
Please
or

Bickles · 09/04/2022 22:14

Standing waiting for luggage- our NHS Covid passes were checked but that’s all. We had paper copies but phone also accepted.
DS9 didn’t need anything.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?